• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Ultra Low Latency RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My Twinmos runs 4-2-2-2 at 200... No need to pay the premium for the Corsair IMO. The Twinmos I have uses 5ns Winbond chips, same as the corsair 3500 C2 which I believe, are the same chips as in the 3200LL...

Re: Re: Corsair Ultra Low Latency RAM

Shocker said:

I am running my ram at 2-2-2-6 Right now!!! of course you might be able to lower....

Well, I'm not necessarily surprised by the speed/settings per se, I'm really more surprised that Corsair has good enough yields to guarantee this sort of thing on the retail level.

I'm telling ya, it is sort of remarking the product. PC3500 will run at that speed and they just rename it to advertise and sell.

Yodums

Yodums said:
I'm telling ya, it is sort of remarking the product. PC3500 will run at that speed and they just rename it to advertise and sell.

Yodums
I've been saying the same exact thing in other post, concerning this "New" memory.

Well come on guy's what is the stuff to buy for a nForce 2 board...Picked up a 48X Lite-On, Antec 1080AMG from Fry's for 99.00 bones, have a 80gig Maxtor D740X, going to Directron in the morning to pick up the Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo and this memory thing is driving me nuts...buy the matched pairs, this low latencey stuff or just the regular ole 3200 Corsair...I hear the SLK800 is the way to go but I just hate clips...May have to go with another Alpha 8045T...But I need to order the memory by tomorrow so I can get all the parts together by Friday...What do you think ??? :)

Hookem said:
Well come on guy's what is the stuff to buy for a nForce 2 board...Picked up a 48X Lite-On, Antec 1080AMG from Fry's for 99.00 bones, have a 80gig Maxtor D740X, going to Directron in the morning to pick up the Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo and this memory thing is driving me nuts...buy the matched pairs, this low latencey stuff or just the regular ole 3200 Corsair...I hear the SLK800 is the way to go but I just hate clips...May have to go with another Alpha 8045T...But I need to order the memory by tomorrow so I can get all the parts together by Friday...What do you think ??? :)
Corsair, they have the one of the best if not they best memory out there working at the strictist timings so they would be a very good choice. Im in the same situation and im going to get the OCZ EL DDR memory its just as good and some $30.00 per stick depending on module, these are the only two i've been considering. The new PC-3200LL memory from Corsair is PC-3500 in disguise imo, and its actually more expensive than the PC-3500 module. If you want to get the Corsair get the PC-3500 then run it at its strictist timings you should PC-3200LL performance, you save bout $25.00 per stick depending on vendor. Or get OCZ EL DDR and save $40- $50 again depending on where you get it from. They both have it in package Dual Channel special from the OCZ EL DDR PC - 3200, 3500 and the Corsair PC-3200LL sticks.

It took me a while to decide, but just placed my order of a 256mb stick of Corsair 3200. (and getting another 256mb later) now they come with these low latency release? I don't care anymore, not to mention those memory sticks don't come cheap really. IMO not worth it to buy memory twice as expensive as my new CPU (tbred 2100+) ;p looking at my next system, i'm probably not using the same ddr anymore.

How about the corsair ddr sticks that are marketed as a matched pair for dual channel mobos ? I guess they cost more but is there an advantage there (for granite bay and better of course !)

lexx said:
How about the corsair ddr sticks that are marketed as a matched pair for dual channel mobos ? I guess they cost more but is there an advantage there (for granite bay and better of course !)
There the same type of ram, but tested modules by Corsair who work best in the DC configuration producing the highest FSB for both NF2 boards and Granite Bay, working at fast 2-2-2-6 timings for best performance of the Low Latency ram.

If you're near a Fry's you might wanna check if they are still selling Corsair Platinum XMS 256mb PC3200 for $79.99. I bought a stick and have it running @ 438 on 2.6 volts on 2-5-2-2 timmings in my EPOX. I know it will hit higher speeds but my CPU cooling is holding me back at the moment.

Those are some really nice #'s and for roughly 80.00 im very jealous. Are you running an Intel board or an AMD?

No apologies needed I should have read sig, but none the less really good #'s I wonder if they can get DDR 1 to hit 533 before DDRII comes out. I know OCZ hit 480 in a review thats tight!

WATCH OUT FOR XMS PC3500 IN NFORCE2 BOARDS!!!

A lot of people are having trouble with it. Apparently, it is giving a signal to board that the board misinterperts, causing it to fail to boot if set to choose the speeds automatically. This is the default setting, too. In order to get it to work, you'll need to boot with a different stick, set the memory settings manually, shut down, replace that stick with your XMS, and re-set the memory. And I hear that this does not always work.

Just a heads-up.

Caffinehog said:
WATCH OUT FOR XMS PC3500 IN NFORCE2 BOARDS!!!

A lot of people are having trouble with it. Apparently, it is giving a signal to board that the board misinterperts, causing it to fail to boot if set to choose the speeds automatically. This is the default setting, too. In order to get it to work, you'll need to boot with a different stick, set the memory settings manually, shut down, replace that stick with your XMS, and re-set the memory. And I hear that this does not always work.

Just a heads-up.
Thats good to know, but I thought they already resolved this issue some time ago and rework the memory. So it would perform on the Nforce2 boards.

Back