• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4PE- EZ Plug or ATX 4 pin Plug?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FACTION95Si

Which power plug do you use on your P4PE? Should the ATX 4 Pin plug preferably be used before the EZ Plug? Does it even matter which one is used? If you’re overclocking is it better to use the ATX 4 pin? If I use the EZ plug can I have other drives plugged into the other plugs on that strip of plugs coming from the PSU?

Would it be retarded to use both? On the P4PE, yes LOL :D

Some people have reported better stability with both on a P4B533-E but Im heavily skeptical.

12volts is 12 volts. Theres no point in wasting a molex.

It really depends on your power supply. On most power supplies the P4 connector is seperate from the drive molex connectors to increase the stability of the voltage on it. If this is the case it can be beneficial to connect both as the result would provide a small amount of added stability.

On many older power supplies everything is just bridged off the same power supply lines though, so there would be no advantage at all.

It certainly won't hurt anything to connect them both.

From what I understand when I was reading the manual on the toilet, apparently, the molex ez connector is for those mobo's that don't have the P4 four pin connector. It's title, EZ, is apparently for it to be used as the secondary connection, to provide that 12 volts of constant power. On that note, anyone have both plugged in and for how long? Let me know, so I can get some ideas. I may just plug mine in and hope for stability. I doubt it'll fry the mobo.
Doc

Back