• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

recognize these graphs? plagiarism?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
this is a link to a site i just stumbled across... is this site ran by one of the members of this forum? the graphs in it look identical to rockstarbob's data in the sticky... just wondering if there was a rip-off or if the graphs are shared with permission because nothing is sited???

Quoting the author of that website:

"A few suitable liquids are summarized in the following graph which I found somewhere in a newsgroup. If you are the original author, please let me know so I can add proper credits."

welp looks like someone should let him know he took it from rockstarbob... except when i looked around the site, i didn't see any contact links. i was only there for a minute, so contact info is probably there though. Does Rockstarbob still come around? I just pm'ed him since it is his work, he needs to let the author of the website know whether or not its okay to use his work. should ask him to link back to overclockers.com at the very least since he has been using what was produced here as his own for who knows how long.

hey, thanks for the heads up. as we speak i'm trying to get ahold of him but you're right, theres no email addy on his whole website, and ive been over it like 2 times now. if you find a way for me to contact him, lemme know.

apparently he also liked my idea of using desiccant filters in an airtight housing to eliminate the condinsation issues. it may not be an entirely unique idea, but i did come up with it on my own and i've never heard of anyone else suggesting it. heres the thread where i first brought THAT idea to light.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34974

well, i guess i'm glad someones able to use the data.

regardless, thanks all
RSB

no problem rockstarbob. it is good to see evidence of people finding utility in things someone works hard on, but the PEOPLE and PLACE that made it possible need the credit. I figured it was something you would want to pursue. thanks to since87 too, for confirming what was up, i didn't read the part that he quoted.

Any way it swings, I just don't trust anything written by someone with "Van" in their name.

Just a little joke, throw it back if you get it!

Van... Van Smith. Just do a search on him and Toms Hardware.com. ;) You're bound to dig up something. Anywho's he's just an a biased, bigot nut to me...

I copied the original info over the coolhardware, but only after I had permision from Rockstarbob.

How can he claim to not know where he found the info, or who the author was when he has "stolen" the graphs !!!

hm

well, to update... i've got alot going on so it's not taking top priority right now but in all fairness, i mean sure it sucks a little bit but it's not like he's making money off of it - at least not using that web addy he's not. regardless, i am following up on it. as in the case of jessfm who asked permission, it's distantly possible that this guy did too and i just didn't remember it. please understand kids, ALOT of people have asked to post my info up. and almost without fail i've given it, no sweat. i didn't keep track of everyone or every individual use, but i did keep it in mind. i'm sure this will resolve shortly here.

thanks again for all your support.

RSB

Back