• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

twinmos "windbond" 256mb pc3200 from memoryx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ClayMan

Registered
anyone ordered these from memoryx and received it yet(other than nihksub1)? (http://store.yahoo.com/memx/gn256pc3200.html)

i just found their resellerrating isn't that great and i'm starting to have second thoughts about my order. even in e-mail correspondences they talk about the ram as "Windbond" and not Winbond... Is this a conspiracy or just a sales person who doesn't know what they're talking about? I wanna make sure i get the ram with winbond bh-5 chips! (i ordered 3 sticks!)

lol, that's what i plan to run too... but in the interim, i got impatient and went out and bought an AIUGA 1800+... and don't even have a mobo/ram to use it with yet!! so now i'm waiting on a $56 MSI KT4V-L off ebay and the ram...
next on my list when i have time is a 8rda+/512mb winbond/2100 tbred-b/watercooled box... i'm aiming for the magic number 50% overclock - 2600mhz!!

ClayMan said:
anyone ordered these from memoryx and received it yet(other than nihksub1)? (http://store.yahoo.com/memx/gn256pc3200.html)

i just found their resellerrating isn't that great and i'm starting to have second thoughts about my order. even in e-mail correspondences they talk about the ram as "Windbond" and not Winbond... Is this a conspiracy or just a sales person who doesn't know what they're talking about? I wanna make sure i get the ram with winbond bh-5 chips! (i ordered 3 sticks!)
I am not the only one who has gotten ram from them... The site now says "with winbond chips". Everyone so far that has ordered from them has gotten the 5ns Winbond chips... It is very good memory, Corsair uses the same 5ns Winbond in the 3500C2.

Yessiree Indeed! This will do just that and more, depending on your rig and how much heat you want to pour to the dimm slots. :D :D The confusion here is the memory brand is TwinMos and the memory chip is by WinBond. The WinBond PC2700 is their brand and is also very hot stuff at --6ns. You can betcha it's exactly the same chip cause the only difference is the speed rating and it will overclock just as furiously as the --5ns stuff.

MemoryX may not stock the stuff, but I've purchased it in 256 and 512 sizes at MemoryLabs.com.

wait skidoo you've just confused me.

the stuff coming from memoryx is winbond 5ns, not 6ns correct?

ClayMan said:
wait skidoo you've just confused me.

the stuff coming from memoryx is winbond 5ns, not 6ns correct?
ya its 5ns. im getting mine from ups tommorrow prolly. but if you look real close at the picture you can see

"Overseas credit card orders are welcome. Please fax or email a picture of your credit card front and back to ensure prompt processing."

everybody i've asked has told me i should definitely cancel my order.. and that there's no reason they should need both the front and back of my credit card... is it safe to send them a photocopy of my cc?

Last edited:
Back