• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

adding parts of a bios to a diff bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rj2

Registered
this may be totally ridiculous,beacause of my lack of in depth knowledge of bioses.
here go`s
the new it7 max2 ver2 mobo,has a new bios out that allows up to 1.85 vcore.
is it possible to mod a bd7ii bios & add in the 1.85 vcore
or would that be a chipset limitation

I think you would have to be able to "read" the assembly coding used in the IT7 BIOS, and then code it into the BD7 BIOS. I guess you would have to be pretty familiar with assembly coding to attempt something like that. More likely you would end up locking your board with a bad flash, or, having used your BIOS saviour, with damaged hardware....I personally would not risk it...

thnx for replies.i do hope abit come out with a 1.85 vcore bios for my board.my h20 setup is going in next week & i am contemplating the vcore mod.

Renwick said:
I agree with Jirnsum, BTW I think a new BD7II BIOS with official 1.85Vcore support will be released soon...
R.

Why do you think that?

Do you think there will be a BIOS with 1.85v for the TH7-II as well?

Merkor

I am curious as well Merkor. It is pretty clear by now that any voltage over 1.7 will kill Northwoods fast. Abit would be introducing a BIOS that would enable noobs to destroy their chips, and point at Abit for making that possible (the pointing would be completely unreasonable though ;))

Merkor said:

Why do you think that?

Do you think there will be a BIOS with 1.85v for the TH7-II as well?

Merkor

Well there are no big differences between the classic IT7 series and the BD7II. The IT7 has some integrated PCI devices, but overall the two boards are quite similar; they have the same chipset, and AFAIK even the same voltage regulator for Vcore, so it's quite easy to implement this function into the BD7II BIOS.

The TH7-II is a bit different story, but I think in this case the 1.85v vcore support implementation is up to Abit, because I'm quite sure the voltage regulator on the TH7-II supports this voltage setting...

regards

R.

Back