• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 Max2 V2 Overclock Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BulldogMcC

I just put together a new system that works great at stock speed but as soon as I try to overclock it at all, I lose the video signal. I have truly searched for similar problems but with no results. My system is as follows:

Intel P4 2.4B C1 stepping
Spark 7 Colling fan with temp control RPM
Abit IT7 Max2 Ver2 with latest bios
512 Corsair XMS PC2700 Ram
Leadtek A280 (GeForce4 Ti4200 w128MB)
Antec Pro 1080 Case with 430w PS
Mag Vision XJ810 Monitor

This system is running flawlessly at 2.4 w/533 FSB. Motherboard bus speed of 133. Temp is generally around 44C. I tweak the motherboard bus up to 135 (2.44 GHz). I keep the AGP bus speed at 66MHZ and the PCI bus at 33MHz, set by motherboard. Restart and my monitor goes into standby mode, no video signal coming from the video card. Same thing if I let the AGP and PCI bus speeds float with the main bus speed. I have to reset the CMOS and everything works out fine. Anyone have any ideas since I don't have a clue?

BulldogMcC

I'm wondering if its a video card prob. Do you have another you can try?? Also in the bios there are some settings which may have to be disabled for the video bus. Like video ram video bios
Look in your vid card book it should tell you.
The card may have a problem and its real sensitive to agp speed..

Sounds like a good system Good Luck:)

Update

I think my problem was an old one, apprehension and lack of patients.

I took a couple days off and went at it again. This time I checked the post codes, the ABIT M2V2 has LED post codes on the mainboard and everything looked fine. The video signal came back after the memory test and IDE channels autodetected and on reboot without changing the CMOS the video signal was not lost. Apparently, whenever I change the FSB speed, the signal is lost until the ESD updates then everything is fine. I have it running at 2.71MHz and with the fan at only about half revolutions the temp never goes over 52C when running Hot CPU tester. I am gonna leave it here for a week, then try to take it up some more. Still have not touched Vcore, so I am hopeful to be able to make this thing burn, not literally :D

Thanks for the help.

BulldogMcC

Back