• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heater core, radiator?? best waterblock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nut581

guys, what's the different between the two??

I'm gonna buy this kit from cooltechnica
link to kit

but there are several things I need to know before starting to plunge my money on this investment. I'm not looking for the best stuff on the kit, but rather on the best value (price/performance), like Geforce4 Ti4200 instead of Geforce4 Ti4600 :D

1. Which waterblock would you recommend w/ hydor L30 320gph pump??
2. what radiator to go?? or is there any value radiator/heater core out there that would costs me less than $50 shipped yet performs great??
3. how much coolant additive am I supposed to get? 4oz or 12oz?

thx a bunch :)

well, all I know is a chevy s10 heatcore (slightly larger than a chevvettes.. about 6 x 10) can be had for 15 bucks from me ;)

alot of people use heatercores for thier superior price/performance ratio.

dont buy a kit go get urself a d-tek tc-4 or a cathar WW a heater core a rio 900 or 1200 and tubes. u dont need a lot of additive at all and some as3 is nice!!

but other than that now that i loo back im not gonna tell u what to get that kit looks a lil pricey but well its a kit. do what u want my sig isnt true so i actually use one of neomoses blocks a via aqua 1300, tubing from home depot! and a passive 5 gal bucket...

all man, go with a heater core. Google search for them. I am sure in columbus there are a few automotive stores. I bought a few cores at no more than $22 each. I am currently testin the via aqua 1300 pump. Does not give good head, but for the size and price I like it. FInd the tubing, fittings, and clamps in ANY hardware store. In my opinion kits are not that great. (at least for me.) I have also done my research, finding the best part for my system setup.

$22 core
$25 pump
$15 tubing, clamps, fittings
$40~ Waterblock

Either way you go, DIY or the kit, it will work out

awww man i said rio someone slap me please. i ment maxi jet they are cheap. and the models are 900 and 1200 (they are the ones to get.) strangelove has it just about right though.
oh and my personal dislike to the via 1300 is its heat generation. kind of warming if u know what i mean. the cathar block is a bit expensive but then again it is the best on the market.

niceee ... i'd go with maxi 1200, will it come w/ 1/2" or 3/8" fitting??
and about that heater core, any suggestion to what model/size that I should get??
and where do I buy that cathar WW waterblock online??
thx for the infos guys, u saved me lots of $$$ :)

and the last question: What reservoir would fit maxi 1200 powerhead?? I'd prefer to buy a pre-made one than making one :) .. (and also where to buy it online).

Thx Cathar, Thx Nick C for the offers, and everybody for the infos .. i just found someone on classifieds who's willing to sell his setup in my price range, so I guess I'll go with it. I make a new thread about this setup .. comments on it please :D

Back