• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first DIY water block!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ct. Strangelove

I made my first real water block. I decided to start small. I broke out an old PII 400mhz system and went at it. I know that there is NO real point to WC a PII, the heatsink barly gets warm. The riva tnt GPU puts out more heat than the CPU. (which i will cool also)
enjoy
DSC00440.JPG

Half was bored using a drill press, but the bit kept going down at an angle so i did the rest by a electric hand drill.

DSC00444.JPG

DSC00456.JPG

killer lap job.

DSC00459.JPG

DSC00465.JPG

It has taken an hour for the RAD to get warm. With no fan yet.

wow. i actually enjoy the good ol open chasm jobs. i think they are cool. i like your rad for the most part i am actually investing in that exact one if its the one i hink it is. clever idea with th bucket and the handle tube thing. i really find it cool good luck with the rest of ur work and keep it on the cool side.

It has taken an hour for the RAD to get warm. With no fan yet.

That's because you're cooling something that dosen't rival my dorm toaster in heat output! ;)

If nothing else you should put a small fan on that for "security".

Good job on the block.

Back