• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My TT AquariusII impressions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

candy7man24

Registered
Well I received the package from newegg yesterday along side a new shiny AIUHB 2100XP. Installation just took me about 30 minutes, everything was included. I first tried it with my original AMD2100XP Pally and what a difference it made. I run an Asus A7M266 512mb pc2400 with this setup and with a Volcano 7+ and the highest setting my computer would do 45C idle 52C full load (Prime95). I could only overclock this chip with the V7+ up to 1820mhz (140mhz x 13) and this at a vcore of 1.85 @ almost 60C full load (man do Pallies get hot). With the AquariusII temps now are 38C idle 45C full load, but this is at 2067mhz!! (159*13 @ 1.85v). So I might not get 31~32C, temps but hey, I did not spend a grip of money, took 30 min of my time and I got one hell of a deal.

Now about the new ThourB 2100XP, short story it will not run in my motherboard so I am going hunting for a new one.

Really though, this Water Cooling Kit took me by suprise on how good it actually worked (and is dead silent). I do not know how in the world some people can bash a product so hard before trying it out first. True this is not top of the line but what the hell is not some average crap either, so I say highly recommended for people who are tired of huge heatsinks and loud fans but want to venture in the water cooling realm, will definently beat the best heatsinks out there.

Some tips,
Lap the water block, mine came pretty good, I just had to use some 1200 paper. Read the instructions, specially on how to assemble the clip if you are going to use it.

Anyone else has bought this kit, I would like to see how others have fair.

Well guys, I'm in a bad mood so I'll be the first. >;)

AquariusII temps now are 38C idle 45C full load
It's a sham, you can get close to those temps with air if you apply yourself.

I mean really... You just paid $150 for a case powersupply and tame cooling. I hope you like the looks of the case and the PSU works out for ya, cause that's about all that's worth anything in that case.

Now I have before stood infront of this forum defending TT on the simple fact that they're a large company that have enough testicular fortitude to put out a water product.

I'm glad your so-so kit worked, and honestly $150 isn't bad for a case and a power supply now a days so the water to go with it is alteast an added bonus... But it's still nothing more than to scoff your head at.

I think you are missing the point here. I am not a hardcore water cooling gamer (hey I berely have tools), this kit is made for people that want no hassels in water cooling. Also 38C idle -45C load is amazing to me on this chip, this chip on its regular setting (1733mhz @ 1.75v) would do 45C idle 52C load on a Volcano 7+ with the fan at max. The noise was just insane and would not overclock for anything. With the AquariusII on it default setting it would do 34Cidle 39C load (24C ambient). But the big difference that I would not give this thing away for anything is how quiet it is and that my Pally can now be overclocked to 159mhz*13 and be rock solid. Here the temps go to 38C idle 45C load, so I am very impressed.

I just ordered an Epox 8rda+ motherboard from newegg for my new AIUHB 2100XP and I will place it along another AquariusII I got and will post how far I can take it on it.

Also the kit DOES NOT come with a case and a power supply is just the kit. I don't know if some of you guys feel insulted that such a "low system" (in your eyes) can perform in a decent manner, specially coming from TT. But just go look at the reviews out there of the AquariousII and they seem to agree that it is a great entry level water cooling system.

P.S. I can finally use my speakers again!! :D

thanks for taking the time to report your opinions to the forum community and like yourself there are many people who look at watercooling as being a quiet solution rather than looking for it as a means to overclock further.
Out of curiousity I would be interested to know the size of the tubing and your opinions on the overall build quality. Did you have any problems fitting the kit and what size case do you have it in.. is it a full tower or midi ?

Sorry I didn't do my homework. I thought you bought the entire case-psu-kit from newegg for $150.

In the case that it's just the kit. As I said before I'm glad it worked out for you and I definatly have respect for a large OEM company that puts itself on the line by stepping in like it has.

I really have to question now is you can buy normal and custom configured kits from other places(Dtek/DDen and others) which give a much higher leeway in performance and since noise is an issure with yourself(it was me also) it is definatly not hard to get around with water cooling.

I don't mean to question your thinking or sintuation, but what lead you to buy the aquarious kit instead of other hardware? What was it that sold you on the kit? Brand name, Newegg?

UnseenMenace said:
thanks for taking the time to report your opinions to the forum community and like yourself there are many people who look at watercooling as being a quiet solution rather than looking for it as a means to overclock further.
Out of curiousity I would be interested to know the size of the tubing and your opinions on the overall build quality. Did you have any problems fitting the kit and what size case do you have it in.. is it a full tower or midi ?

No problem, the tubing would me my only grip with this kit, it is about 50mm in diameter but it still manages to get the job done. You are suppose to place these springs that come with the kit inside the tubes to avoid kinks and to promote better flow. I was a bit skeptical so I took one of the tubes with a spring on it and run it over a hose to see how the water would come out. I found out that the springs do help in the kinks dapartment but with water flow it made it worse, it added to much resistance I think. My solution was to stretch the spring to the point of doubling it size, this ways the coils are far apart and create more gentle spirals. When I ran the tube with the faucet I was very happy to find that the water came out running in a perfect spiral (so it swirls around inside the tube).

My case is an ANTEC Performance PLUSVIEW Model PLUSVIEW1000AMG so I had no problem installing the kit. The quality was great, the water block seemed very well built and heavy. Everything is attached through magnets (really really strong magnets) so it is also great to be able to move parts around when you need it to. The radiator is small but it is very well built (solid copper), the fan cooling the radiator leaves something to be desired for but changing it to a Tornado requires removing 4 screws so no big deal. Attaching the hoses to me was the easiest part, you just fit it in and then add the included clamps that you can open with a bit of force with your hand. Over all the quality is very good (for an entry system). Among entry level kits (such as the IceBerg I) this kit puts all of them to shame.

Toysrme said:

I don't mean to question your thinking or sintuation, but what lead you to buy the aquarious kit instead of other hardware? What was it that sold you on the kit? Brand name, Newegg?

Simply put, easy of installation (30 minutes, everything you need in one box, great manual), quietness, quietness, quietness ;) and price vs perfomance. After seeing the video review of it I was sold on it (just look at how easy the guys assembled everthying). It had nothing to do with TT or newegg (it is just that newegg is reliable and fairly cheap).

candy7man24 said:

quietness, quietness, quietness ;) and price vs perfomance.

Sounds more like a reason to buy a $30 Thermalright Ax-7 and a quiet 80mm fan than a reason to buy a $150 Thermaltake water cooling system. The Thermalright would probably outperform the Aquarius! :eek:

A $150 setup from dtek would really put Thermaltake's system "to shame." (Shame = 10C better)

Ok. You have some valid points. Then again you can just stick a low speed fan on any of the(how do I say) "better" setups and come out on top ;)

candy7man24 said:

Everything is attached through magnets (really really strong magnets) so it is also great to be able to move parts around when you need it to.
Am I the only one that thinks strong magnets and computers are not ment to be combined? I thought a strong magnet would erase a hard drive? I know they make the monitor go crazy. I can't image what other EMI problems it would cause if put to close to something important, like the mother board. I guess I have been misinformed otherwise they wouldn't be doing it, right?

every fan has an electro magnet in it ans there on top of your cpu gpu chipset and everywhere in you case as is a speaker (system) the level of EM needed to cause problems is way up there in todays computers (they have built in sheilding and error correction) so it should be ok

Stedeman said:
every fan has an electro magnet in it ans there on top of your cpu gpu chipset and everywhere in you case as is a speaker (system) the level of EM needed is way up there in todays computers so it should be ok
Those are far from strong magnets though. The EMI they put off is near nothing. The pump I use for one of my water cooling systems makes my monitor flip out of it is within 2 feet and those magnets are not all that strong either. Hate to think what a strong magnet would do to a hard drive or the data flowing through the cables.

Giblet Plus! said:

Sounds more like a reason to buy a $30 Thermalright Ax-7 and a quiet 80mm fan than a reason to buy a $150 Thermaltake water cooling system. The Thermalright would probably outperform the Aquarius! :eek:

A $150 setup from dtek would really put Thermaltake's system "to shame." (Shame = 10C better)

Actually I replaced my Thermalright Ax-7 with a Volcano 7+ so I do have that heatsink and guess what, it does NOT outperform it nor is it quieter. :p

Well there are lots of variable involved as well..

Proper grease layer, flat heastsink base, case ventilation.

I say, if he like sit and it's quiet, then TT has accomplished their goal.

The thing that lures the buyers to this kit is the simplicity in building a WC rig.
You pretty much get everything you need and dont have to spend tons of time finding special parts needed.
That is a huge bonus for a lazy person(like me thou im gettin better).
Building a "normal" kit takes some time and planing.
The TT kit doesnt.
Cant really compare a OEM kit like this against a DD or dtek kit.
This was not made for serious OC'rs that require the most out of his system.
Its made for john q public who just wants a computer thats not noicy as hell.
My 2 cents.

//Hazze

The thing that lures the buyers to this kit is the simplicity in building a WC rig.
You pretty much get everything you need and dont have to spend tons of time finding special parts needed.
That is a huge bonus for a lazy person.
Building a "normal" kit takes some time and planing.

Building a normal custom kit from any manuf like swift/DDen/Dtek takes no more work than anything else... Even if you waste money and get all the parts online from the same person, guess what??? You have all the parts and no more work than a "small kit". It requires no more planning than a small kit and not 5 min of extra work is involved...

Not only that the small cheap kits DO compete with the serious water cooling solutions. They all cost nearly the same, they directly compete with one another wether or not anyone cares to believe that...

Drop the myths and get with the facts guys.

Toysrme said:

Building a normal custom kit from any manuf like swift/DDen/Dtek takes no more work than anything else...

I had a question about those kits, do they come with EVERYTHING you need (including manual)? or you still have to buy other equipment. I went with the AquariousII mainly because it was a complete kit in all the meaning of the word.

candy7man24 said:

I had a question about those kits, do they come with EVERYTHING you need (including manual)? or you still have to buy other equipment. I went with the AquariousII mainly because it was a complete kit in all the meaning of the word.

You'll have to buy hose clamps, but I know that the pump and waterblocks come with manuals. Tubing and radiator are a no brainer.:)

Back