• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me choose ram for my Asus A7N8X Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hookem

I really want to be able to run the 266 fsb on a 2100+ Thouroughbred in sync with two Corsair XMS 256 modules, here is a link to the memory I am considering at newegg http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...ory=1666&catalog=147&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1 The 3500 is 116.00 and the 3200 "low latency" is 118.00...the two bones difference seems negilable, the 434 speed on the 3500 and the 3200LL is 400...all this memory stufff is hurting my head...Please help me choose...A link to school me on memory would also be appreciated as reading the thread here and other tech sites is just adding to my confusion This box will be used for 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, Macromedia, by my sister who is a graphics professional :)

Both memories are the best in the market.It depends what you really want to do with them.Are you going to overclock the system?

It depends on how it runs 6gig batch files in photoshop, applies mask and its general performance using, 3d Studio Max, Macromedia programs etc. But yes I want to overclock this system. Unlock the processor for sure...

If your only going to be considering Corsair the two dollar diff between the two is negilble and I would get the Corsair PC-3200LL memory it works at fast timings and ganrunteed at 200mhz mean better response time to the apps she'd be running especially if your planning to sync the memory at 400FSB.

I for sure want to run the fsb @ 266 like the processor...and would love to overclock this box as much as possible without any stability or error problems...My sister really puts the hurt on computers...Will run 6gigs of images and run them all with mask and filters and the whole bit in photoshop if the computer will do it. The box in my sig handles everything she has thrown at it so far. But I think she has something on the horizon that will bring it to its knees. Or so she seezzz...:D

Back