• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4b533 cant run 2 2 2 5 timing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nigely

can anyone set their timing to 2 2 2 5, what ever the fsb is
becoz whatever fsb is set, i still can not boot up
my ram is ddr400 winbond
thanks

Yes

I used to have the winbond DDR 400 too, but had some issues with it. I swapped it with Crucial PC2700. Thinking back, i would guess the winbond RAM needed higher voltage than available in the bios i used then (2.8 volts max). The Winbond didnt seem to run stable on my IT7.
With the Crucial i can run it at 150fsb (300) at 2-5-2-2 at 2.8 volts.
I run it now superstable at 150 fsb ([email protected]) 3:4 (400 mhz) 2.5-7-3-3 at 3.0 volts (maybe abit high). If i want to go higher i need better casecooling and a better heatsink than my Zalman.
Try your mem at the highest volt setting and see if it gets better.

Try the highest voltage to the DIMM on that board (2.9 volts?). It should be able to do DDR400, 2-2-2-5. I know on an IT7, you might have problems, as I couldn't do more than 188 fsb at 2-2-2-5 with Corsair XMS3500, which has the same 5-ns Winbond chips. But it ran relaxed timings real well (like DDR456, 2-3-3-7).

I wouldn't go that high on voltage, unless you want to fry your RAM. If you cant run it 2-2-2-5 on default fsb it probably isn't rated to do so.

Back