• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange voltages on P4B-533E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markodude

http://217.178.88.53/MBM 5 Interval Log.html

This is a live link to my temps etc. Recently I started getting weird reboots at 3ghz, sporadically and with no reason the system would just reboot. I have dropped back to stock speeds and am still thinking my voltages are weird. I am on latest BIOS 1013E_01

Vcore fluctuates a lot, and +12v is hovering around 11.31 in MBM5.....any ideas people? Anyone get similar MBM5 readings on P4B-533E? Im using an Enermax 550w, someone sai you can adjust pots inside this to bump up the +12v, anyone done this?

On my P4B533E the 3.3, 5 and 12V rails look just the same as yours do. I'm using an Antec True480 PSU. If I switch from MBM5 to Asus Probe the voltages look fine. I just don't like the Asus Probe GUI so I keep using MBM5 and sort of "adjust" the voltages on the fly in my head.:p

Weird, every time I change the setting in MBM5, and then press apply, nothing happens to my voltage readouts. If I close and restart MBM, and go back to the setting, it has returned to standard 1....?! Maybe a reboot will help!

I'm usin MBM 5.2.1.0 and it's workin fine. I have XP Pro and the MBM service is set to system during the instalation. I think it was like that by default. When i first ran it on my new P4B533 i noticed low 12V line too. Setting the above changed to the right readings. And btw, how are the voltages in BIOS?

Ive got the same problem with you guys too.

On asus probe its my 12V at 12.20

While on MBM it drops to 11.61

Hey trap, a reboot sorted mines out, changed to ASB100 STd 2 and +12v is now at 11.90 (100% CPU load and plenty peripheral devices), a bit low but a lot better....

Hey Trap it works . Change to ASB100 standard 2 my 12 volts went up from 11.41 on full load to 12.06.

Whats with it actually.????

Standard 1 and 2?

i just wondering if any of you guy have voltage drop problem
i recently got a new 2ghz cpu
and with 1.525 i can boot up to windows at 3.2ghz
but the voltage drops to 1.47v

when i had my 1.6ghz at 2.6ghz, voltage was never droped below what i set in bios

now i had to set to 1.55v in order to stablize the system
but the voltage drop is still there

do anyone here know what the problem is
iam using 420watt PSU

Yeh the problem is these ASUS boards, I had a P4T-533 before and now this P4B-533E and both have had the problem with voltage drops that you have described. I am at 1.47v at the moment 100% load on my 2.53 which is running at stock speeds just now. My other voltages are 3.26,4.95 and 11.84-11.90. This is with an Enermax 550w......I think its down to poor voltage regulators on the board and I am sure it could be sorted if you are good with a soldering iron!

but i didnt have problem with my 1.6GA
i only just changed to 2.0ga and running at 3.2ghz and the problem starts

Well how much more power do you think a 3.2ghz proc uses over a 1.6ghz one?? A substantially larger load is placed on the power circuitry and voltage regulators when you increase the speed of the proc that much.
I had a 1.8A in the P4T-533 running for ages with no major voltage probs, then I upgraded to a 2.5 and the problems started, I ended up RMAing the board. The P4B-533 isnt quite as bad but still has the problems..

do u think it has something to do with the new stepping or what
i thought asus suppose to not to have voltage drop below the setting you set in bios

Back