• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing mo/bo drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Hi there,
I did a fresh install of Win XP Home SP1, DX 9.0 and the question is which drivers to install for my mo/bo ?
I have BD7 II-Raid
I already installed chipset driver and Application accelerator drivers, but thing is I can't really notice any difference in performance. Is this normal ? Should this Application accelerator do some wonders or ??? Should I run it always when I start my rig ???

My setup:
P4 2.26 @ 2.42
Radeon 9500 -> 9700 ( modded ) @ 303/344
512 MB RAM @ 142 MHz 2-2-5-2

Any other drivers I should install ??? ( like AGP and USB driver )
And what is RAID for ??? How do I use it and should I install that one too ?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance !!!

Looks to me like you installed the drivers you need unless your gonna run any other options the board has like onboard sound LAN etc etc. I am assuming it has those options without looking at the board. Application accel is a common thing to install but never really looked to see if it makes a huge difference but it sure wont slow it down. Raid is what is known as striping the hard drives it allows the sytem to access the drives in a differnet way to explain it easily it reads the info up and down instead of across each disk seperatley. So what it does is read the info on each disk from top to bottom or bottom to top one of those 2 ways. You only want to use RAID if you have two drives the same size and same speed RAID is a faster way to run your hard drives no doubt. As for AGP and USB yes install those also. You dont mess with RAID untill you learn how to do it cause it can be tricky,but if you have your system set up to take advantage of it then yes use it.

Below is a article about RAID for you to learn

http://www.acnc.com/04_01_00.html

Last edited:
Well for me, before I installed the application accelerator, my AGP port was showing up as N/A in 3dmark and other programs. Installing it fixed that and it now shows up as 4x.

Back