• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will an Abit kx7333 support..........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cozmo_d

32 or 3500 corsair DDR ram @Cas2

I looked @ Abit sight it sayes only up too 2700 DDR :eh?:

I would like to oc this chip some more but the current Crucial ram is holding me down

yes it will support pc3200 if you are willing to unlock your cpu to lower the multiplier and your pci stuff (hardware, lan, modem and stuff) support 40MHz PCI which is only a matter of quality brands. With 1/5 divider your roof would be 200mhz fsb which is just what you need for pc3200...

However, you need to have good video card and PCI devices..
Or, you will not be able to run it at 200MHz FSB...
for me, 192MHz is max due to video card.

At 200MHz FSB, both PCI and AGP are overclocked to 40MHz and 80MHz.. They were originally designed to run at 33.3MHz and 66.6MHz.

Anyway, I'm using corsair XMS 3500C2.. It works fine..
BTW, you can't run @ 200MHz with the most aggresive setting..
2-2-2-5-1 is impossible for me..

juninjesus said:

BTW, you can't run @ 200MHz with the most aggresive setting..
2-2-2-5-1 is impossible for me..

No? I had a single 512mb stick of Corsair XMS 3200 C2 in a EPoX 8K5a3+ with an unlocked XP 2000+ Pally. I was able to run up to 205 FSB with hand set, most aggressive timings.. with only a .5 raise in vDimm (didn't need the raise, just did it to put my mind at ease)

Hmmmm posibly the Epox got you there Morbid... I was kinda lookin for reply's from kx7 users... not that your input is not worth something I think Ill go with some XMSLL 3200DDR & call it good

Now that I think about it this Voodoo5 is probly holding me down as well.

As soon as I finish a project Ill be getting some Vid C $ too upgrade this V5 want a 9500 pro

Thx for the input all Peace!!!!!!!

Back