• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think theres definatly a prob with my Water cooling setup. Help me out.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EclipseJP

Ok I know that my pos Blizzard Z4 is a pos, but still. My old Thermosonic Thermalengine is getting the same temps as my WC setup with my new 2100B.

Is it really the block? I have the black ice Xtreme radiator with a 1048 pump. The block used to get me 33 C on my trusty old 1600 and its been on there for quite some time. Do you think that having it on there for almost half a year made the block concave to the old cpu and now its not touching properly. Or do you guys(and or gals) think that its just a pos block. I mean 45 C for ilde on the stock 2100 at 1.6 volts is just rediculous. And getting about 46 with the TT. Also I have a 88 cfm fan on the radiator if that helps any.

I see you are using the 8K3A+ mobo, they have been known to have issues with reading the diodes on the new T-Bred CPU's... I wouldn't fret too much over it as long as the system is stable!

maybe you should try lapping the WB and test it for flatness. sometimes I've noticed that there'll be an imprint in the copper of the numbers from a CPU. If that is the case, it needs lapped.

Probably not a problem with the block, but you might want to check your water for deposits. Drain the water, check for buildup and scrub it out if required. Change the water and add a little waterwetter, 1-1.5 years is about all I like to run my water without changing it.

Back