• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me build my rig!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

schott1984

Registered
hi all. i am sick of my noisy computer. i am pretty sure im ready to go with h2o clooling. i was thinking about an exos, but after hearing everyone say how much better it is to build your own, i want to try that. can you all tell me what i should get? i don't wanna make my own block. i need to buy a block, a rad, pump and all the fixin's...so if anyone can tell me what's the best i can do, please do. i really don't know anything about it yet.

thanks!

-Eli

If you want the best of the best, than you will want to PM Cathar to make you a White Water block. It's pricey-near 100 bucks-though. Aside from that you can find pretty much all you need at dtekcustoms.com. If you can't afford the WW Block, a good package is:
TC-4 block, heatercore rad w/ shrouds and 120mm fans, and Ehiem pump and you should be all set with good temps, and it'll cost you about 150 bucks.

You should read the newbie DIY watercooling sticky. A lot of good info there. Hope this brief post helped a bit.

You got to give us a clearer idea of what your goals are going to be. If you want ultimate performance; don't mind noise; and are willing to spend a lot of green; your setup is gonna be a lot different from someone's who just wants a decent performing, low noise solution. After that, I'm sure the people in here can give you some better custom tailored advice :).

ok well. i really plan on getting a 2100+ tbredB, and some XMS pc3500 memory and doing some heavey OCing on it. noise doesn't really bother me that much because i delt with an AVC sunflower with 3 broken plades for over a year haha. i'm really just sick of messing around with aircooling. it seems so much more effiecent to use water. i'd also like to be able to expand on my h2o rig to incorperate a northbridge block and a vga block.

thanks, i hope this helps.

hmmm...i really like the stuff at dketcustom....anyone else think that Element-Xero has a good idea for me?

also, i need to know of a case that i can fit a heatercore rad in, and have 120mm fans without much modding. i would like a case that it kinda cool looking. someone suggested in another thread, this real dorky looking big white case. dont get me wrong, performance is more important than looks, but theres GOTTA be a cool looking case that it suitable out there!

thanks

What's your $$$ budget? As far as blocks goes, I would have to agree with Element-Xero here: you'd be hard-pressed to find anything that performs better than Cathar's block. From what I've seen (including my own experience), it performs roughly 3-7 degrees better than the competition. If your budget is more limited, the stuff at Dtek works pretty well.

well...under $250 would be a nice number...i had an inspiration a few minutes ago, so check out the extreme cooling forum...hehe

Element-Xero said:
If you want the best of the best, than you will want to PM Cathar to make you a White Water block. It's pricey-near 100 bucks-though.

It should be noted that the price there is fully shipped with all international exchange rate overheads and paypal fees, etc. The price of the actual block is around 80.

well. after a very short time of thinking, i decided against my "inspiration" that i posted in the extreme cooling forum due to the fact that i do go to LANs once in a while. so, for now im just sticking to some really good h2o cooling.

Back