• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp results with my new Ehiem 1048!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MDA

Had problems with my Maxi Jet 1000:( So decided to get a new pump for my setup. Ended up spending more than i wanted to:( but walked out my local aquarium shop with an Ehiem 1048:) Got it all set up in the case with my Black ice Extreme-120mm 7v YSTech-DD Maze 3 (poly top)-modded vga W/B, and filled her back up, switch on and these are the results Im getting for my xp2200+ @2Ghz (10 x 200) @1.85v:

idle:
Temp29c%20copy.jpg

Load:
Temp31c%20copy.jpg

Quite pleased to say the least, worth the extra money after all!:D

MDA.

EDIT: Just to add, ambient room temp is 24c.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how accurate that is, but if it is, those are some nice temps! congrats!

Nice, your temps look good. Better than mine at least! I have the same setup but with a MCW5000 and i don't know how my temps are higher:confused: I'm even running my P4 at 1.65V actual, which is much lower than the 1.85v of yer Athlon. I thought that Athlons usually run hotter?

Anyways, It does feel good knowing that the pump is 'bullet proof'! I have the same one and it hasn't hiccuped for 2 months now, hopefully never will.

Yeah i wasnt too sure about the reliability of the temps on the 8RDA+, but i flashed to the latest bios 31117 and im using the latest version of USDM v1.07, sandra has the same temps and the bios readings match. Also on my A7V333r and with the Maxi Jet i was getting temps of CPU=33ic dle and 35c load System=26c, so i think the raise in system temps is down to the heat coming off the north/southbridge and voltage regulaters/mosfets etc.

MDA.

Looks like good setup, btw USDM and Sandra get their temps from bios, so all of them matching isn't an indication that they are accurate. Did you compare temps after changing pumps with same bios? Those numbers should show a decent comparison. What kinda troubles did ya have with the Maxi-Jet pump? I've been thinking of getting one of the 1200's mainly for size and because I've never heard of anybody having problems with them.

peace.
unloaded

MDA said:
Yeah i wasnt too sure about the reliability of the temps on the 8RDA+, but i flashed to the latest bios 31117 and im using the latest version of USDM v1.07
MDA.

where'd you find the latest USDM??? I'm using 3.1, but that 1.07 version looks better

Back