• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fsb and ddram timing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well what kind of ram do u have?? if u have pc2100 most likely your not gonna be able to run very aggressive timings at something like 166. where as if u have corsair pc3500 u can run low timings at 200+ fsb.

--jason

youre ram is rated for a reason. most ram is tested from the factory and labled to run at speciffic speeds. they make a batch and test each one. what ever speed the ram is able to run without eror is what determans the rams rating (note:every once in a blue moon, a manufacturer might use pc 3200 modules and lable them as pc2700 if the demand for pc2700 is there and not enough pc2700 to go around).

most pc2700 that will run high fsb of 200mhz will not run agressive timings. running the slower timings allows you to reach higher fsb speeds with pc2700.

i have a stick of true sammy pc2700 ctl. i paid $70.00! and it runs 400mhz@3015mb/s timings are relaxed, but atleast i am running at 400mhz.:D

if you are dead set on runing agressive timings at 400mhz or better, than you need to get some good pc3200 ram!

Back