• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need i845PE chipset drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNamelessOne

Ok long story short, my motherboard came with everything but the CD, and I've been running the computer without the chipset drivers all this time. I have however installed the application accelerator that I found on Intel's site. What I haven't been able to find is where to get the latest chipset drivers for my mobo, so would someone be kind enough to link me up? My computer runs find however right now, so what kind of changes should I expect after installing the drivers? Will it be more stable?

Go into your system properties and check the devise manager for any missing drivers or conflicts. If you're not showing a problem there, its because Windows has installed drivers already.

When you ask if it will be more stable, are you having hardware-related stability problems now?

There is a myth that driver updates are some kind of magic elixir that will add ten FPS to your games and make you better looking. With the rarest of exceptions driver updates, and especially motherboard driver updates, only correct specific conflicts or problems. The same goes for BIOS updates, too. If you're not having those problems, there is no reason to install the updates.

BHD

That link you gave lets me install the installation utility but what about the chipset itself. I see 845 chipset family, but it only shows 845G, will it work well with my mobo?

TheNamelessOne said:
That link you gave lets me install the installation utility but what about the chipset itself. I see 845 chipset family, but it only shows 845G, will it work well with my mobo?

The 4.10 is for every chipset up to the new one the PE chipset is on the list and so is the E7505.

Back