• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan placement problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deviantbox

Here it goes. My fan, heatercore and shroud will be located at the top of my case....inside it. Because of some case configuration issues, I have no choice but to put the 120mm fan at the top then the shroud and finally the heatercore.

Should I push cool air from outside through the heatercore and into the case or pull the air from the case through the heatercore and then let it go outside the case?

The reason I'm asking is that I know that normally you should pull the air but since it would be the air from inside the case (hotter) and not from outside the case I was wondering if I should push the air instead.

Thx.

I think I would still pull it. It will in fact be the hottest air from the case (seeing as how heat rises), but it'll still be better than blowing air through a HC, and then once it's good and hot, right onto your WB. JMHO, though...

since you have a holesaw(or whatever you used to cut the hole in the top) why dont you duct a hole in the SIDE of your case to the heatercore and then pull the outside air throught the H/C?

heres a pic, explains it a bit better
duct.JPG

Back