• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New D7 BIOS doesnt like my sound card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KerryrreK

okay, flashed my abit it7 with a new BIOS and now when i test my 5.1 setup i only get sound out of the front left and front right. When I tried to reinstall the driver for my Creative Sounblaster Live I get a blue screen of death during the setup! Device Manager says "windows stopped responding while attempting to start this device..." what do i do?

Kerry

Last time I did a flash the bios it turned my on board audio back on.

Check and make sure that your onboard audio is not on.
Rob

Of course make sure that the onboard sound is disabled.
A complete reinstall of the sb system. First make sure everything is uninstalled check sb info.
are you o/c or not? hope not check pci bus?

unistalled utilities and drivers. On restart, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH when trying to install driver for PCI audio processor, now i have no sound at all!

Kerry

Same Problem!!!!

I had the same problem when I reflashed my bios on my IT7Max2 v2. This is what I had to do (1)had to uninstall my audigy drivers,then shutdown, (2) remove the card and boot back into windows, (at first i did not remove my card and i got a blue screen!!!!) Now put card back in,(I had to reset my cmos also) reboot and reload drivers. It worked for me, I hope this helps!!!!!

IT7Max2 V2 (D6 phantom bios)
P4 2.8
Corsair XMS PC3200
Gainward XP750 Golden Sample TI4600
Audigy 2
XP Pro SP1

Okay, speedpc, did exactly what you just said, took the card out, reboot, put the card back, reboot, and im still getting a blue screen of death, anyone else?

Kerry

what? you mean low level format the hard drive and reinstall windows?!? ouch! I hope that's not the only answer! I've contacted Creative but they'll probably blame it on Abit, do you think Abit would be of any help?

Kerry

You could try removing the sound card and working with the on board sound. After you get that to work you can take it from there. Make sure everything works good without the SB..
Sounds to me like you might get some insights into whats goin on
by getting back to basics. minimal hardware and maybe look in the bios at all the settings check em over see if something is amuk.

Back