• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Ddr Ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Those would work fine too im sure....but Corsair XMS low latency is pretty hard to beat!

If you were to put the two together on a Intel system where you can use the availiable FSB that these sticks bring then the OCZ EL DDR would smack the Corsair LL ram. As, the highest the OCZ EL has been stable is 484Mhz FSB. But since he is limited to a AMD Motherboard not necessarily the processor that will hold him back, he will only need about 400Mhz FSB and with the OCZ purchase saving him some cash. Its a better buy thats why my system will have it.

OK, I personally am recommending to you the OCZ EL DDR PC-3200, its right there with Corsair if not better plus its less expensive. Ramstore.ca carries it in a pair for $409.00 US. Or Googlegear for $358.00 Google is your best bet and thats for two sticks of PC-3500 EL DDR.

Googegear.com better deal with the PC-3500 Enhanced Latency memory and much cheaper price than the other site I gave you. Corsair is cool but very expensive, I truly believe OCZ won't disappoint.

Ludio said:
Googegear.com better deal with the PC-3500 Enhanced Latency memory and much cheaper price than the other site I gave you. Corsair is cool but very expensive, I truly believe OCZ won't disappoint.

It will not mine is on way 2x256 dual channel PC3500 EL DDR comin to my 8RDA+ YEE HAWW

Cisco Kid

No, Newegg unfortuantly doesn't carry OCZ memory so your best bet is to order two sticks from googlegear.

You can get the Corsair PC-3200 or 3500 at Googlegear.com they sell the Corsiar Twinx LL ram there as well as EL DDR OCZ. The difference between the two is Corsair uses handpicked Winbond 5h chips in there sticks, and OCZ uses 4.5 chips but im not sure on who actually manufactures it, or if its in house. OCZ is able to clock higher than the Corsair. But the Corsair because of the quality control I guess is able to hit better speeds at tighter timings 2-5-2-2. But due to the 5h chips they use compared to OCZ 4.5 they lose at the top end at more relaxed settings. But at the default manufacture recommended speeds they clock the same, OCZ is cheaper as well.

MemoryX.com has 256MB sticks of TwinMOS PC-3200 for $76 ea., they use Winbond BH5 chips, the same chips which are used on Corsair's PC-3500. You can get 2x256MB TwinMOS for $152, and from user reports, these sticks can do 236Mhz+ with the VDD mod, or at least 200Mhz, CAS2 otherwise. Plus, these sticks appear to be the most compatible with the 8RDA+ (especially after reading around the AOA forums).

I have a pair of these sticks on my desk waiting for an 8RDA+ :)

LMAO i wish i could say i cant live without 1gig 350bux or more hell iam having a hard time deciding what to go with now corsair(best), ocsystem(cheapiest), or geil(avg).

Back