• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's a good H2O case???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

schott1984

Registered
hey all, i think i am near ready to start with this watercooling project. what's a good case to use with a heatercore radiator? i want a case taht still looks cool, but has room for everything in it. any help is appreciated. i windowed case would be cool hehe.

I like the Chieftec Dragon series. They're very sturdy, have lots of room, and look really cool. I've seen other good ones, too, but don't know the names of them.

At only $56.00 shipped, (found on pricewatch), the ChiefTec DX-01WD full tower is hard to beat. Put your favorite PSU in it and you're all set.

Hoot

They also come in a host of colors as well as aluminum cases. CLICK, This same line of cases are sold under many names, Antec, Chenming, etc.

Last edited:
I've heard that these cases are very good for water cooling.

fs020_2l.gif

I have an aluminum dragon case, which is nice for lanning and modding. I'll be water cooling very soon also. :)

As Hoot mentioned above this is a copy of the case he had mentioned. Kinda tough to look pass this case because of the amount of room you have.

P0001484.jpg

dragon orb 3 said:
http://www.buyxtremegear.com/chiefsxcaswi.html ....is that the same as the case hoot mentioned?...i noticed it has the lower drive bay portion and i was thinking it was not really necessary...would i be able to take it out so i can fit in a heater core or rad? the model is DX-01BD....instead of DX-01WD like hoot mentioned.

Yes you can. You will need to drill the rivots out that hold the bottom cage. really very simple to do.

Antec and Antec clone cases are really good looking, but everyone and their brother has one. :rolleyes:

JML said:
Antec and Antec clone cases are really good looking, but everyone and their brother has one. :rolleyes:

Why would this statement make any difference? The idea is to have a case that will fit the individual’s needs. Look at what I have done to mine. How many have this setup? Also Cheiftec makes all the clones.

just so yall know, i've heard bad things about buyextremegear.com. my friend ordered a cpu from there. it came after like two weeks of waiting, then it didn't work :-\

oh btw. you know anyone that has those cases like hoot mention, that have windows with a nice rounded edge instead of the screws showing and stuff?

Yeah I know the ideas to have a case that will fit wc supplies. And yes I know they can be customized. I'm just saying I wish there were other cases that looked as good and accomadated watercooling as well in its price range. I wasn't flaming anyone for having the case or thinking of purchasing it.

As always, my opinion is that the Lite-On FS020 is the best there is for a H20 case and can be found here. This case has space for 3 120mm fans with no modding needed and the rad fits where you see it without any modding of any sort. Check out where the pump is.

fullinside.jpg

inside.jpg

I use a 4q full tower case. You can fit a very tall heatercore in when you take out the hard drive cage, or you could put in a shorter heatercore like the ones from dtekcustoms.com and put your pump in the space above your heatercore so it isn't blocking your pci slots

Review can be found here
http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/4Q_Full_Tower_Case/0018.html
(btw- this case looks a hell of a lot better with a high gloss black paintjob and a window in the lower half)

So listen up all, the Chieftec Dragon series is by far teh best case for watercooling I've seen yet. And if you want a good deal on one check out NewEgg.com, those guys have every possible configuration of the dragon series you can think of. Price varies from like 80 bucks to 120 at the high end, but shipping is usually free! I think NewEgg also includes a PSU with the case, I suggest anyone looking to buy a good case head their way and check it out.

Chaos2358 said:
So listen up all, the Chieftec Dragon series is by far teh best case for watercooling I've seen yet....
While I agree it is a good case, it is not the best. There are only 80mm fans and where do you put the pump? On the floor of the case? Not very tidy...

Back