• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fianlly got my plan down...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neco

Finally got my plan down...

Well I got my new case about a week ago or so.. Was a bit of a dissapointment as some of you may know, being tall like I wanted but not so wide.. I've done some brainstorming and I think I came up with a good setup to work with. Here are two pics, I can elaborate on with my idea.

wc1.png
wc2.png

The general idea is to keep my reservoir at the top to make my filling and bleeding easier (I am using a pre-existing setup for this piece). I am a bit worried about stress on the case - the area I will be mounting it to has grille holes for two 80mm fans. would it be better to turn the res setup 90 deg and screw it to the top of the case ? (idea being hoses drop straight down, and a hole cut in the bottom of the res and top of case for the bleed tube, alternative)

I also plan to purchase
D-Tek Heater Core w/shroud.
TC-4 Alu top Waterblock. - this mounts like the maze3 right ?
10 feet of Clearflex 60 tubing.

The pump I am using is a Rio180 ( "120" gph).. I guess most would consider it underpowered but it's served me well and I can't afford to buy a better one..
The system wil be 3/8" all around.

The water will just flow down from the reservoir and into the waterblock then on down to the heater core and back up again. The fill and bleed cap will be a nice addition as long as I build it properly and water-tight.. If it leaks my whole system will die (laugh).

I would really like to hear from those of you with D-tek heater cores and shrouds, to confirm the 6" width.. I really have at most 6.4" of width to work with, so I need to know if it will work or not, since it will be a tight squeeze already. Otherwise I'd just get a Black Ice Pro or something

Another thing I would be interested to hear about would be the front panel and what to do with it.. Leave it intouched and simply cut out the metal of the case ? Cut a small hole, matche the size of the hole with the core ?? How would it effect noise in different circumstances - etc.. I'm not too eager to destroy the panel itself, as you can't hide it if you bork it up too bad. I do think it would be a nice idea to put some screen mesh or somethign similar in such a hole for a filter of sorts.

Back