• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In-Line Temp Probes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tuhran

I saw these at D-Tek, and was intrigued by the idea. My question at the time was where to monitor -- into and out of the waterblock (basic OC temp paranoia), or maybe into and out of the heatercore, to note its efficiency.
Then, while I was mulling over which of these Delta-T's would be the most useful to monitor, I realized something: NOBODY is using these things. I have yet to see or hear of them in any system pics or descriptions in these forums.
Is it that they are useless or inaccurate, or is it as simple as the fact that they introduce more junctions and clampings to potentially leak?

I use a digital thermometer that i bought from Home Depot that measures two temps. The inside temp and a temp from a extra sensor that i put into the water. Heres some pics.

temps1.jpg

temps3.jpg

I suppose the reason for NOT using them is that you need a digital display for them, when you can do as sminker did for a little cheaper (overall)

Also, I'm thinking that they would add resistance to your setup.

If you want to go the REALLY easy way, put one of those outdoor temp probes in your resovoir - depending on your configuration, you could use the CPU temp and res temp to make assuptions about your kit.

I say assumptions because the CPU temp is far from accurate, but it's enough to get your own ideas about the performance of something.

Thanks, fellas. I hadn't thought about the flow resistance aspect. And yes, I was planning to use one of those Enermax 2-temp drive bay readouts.
The more I think about this, the more I think I like the simple approach.
Besides, as long as I stick with Asus motherboards, I may as well continue to ignore my temp readings...

Back