• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To those who ordered TwinMOS/WinBond 256MB from MemoryX recently:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ClayMan

Registered
Did you guys also get an E-Mail saying that they're outta stock until next week? I finally got them to reply after harassing them for 2 days in a row...

I placed an order Tuesday evening, got an email saying that my order was placed, but never received a tracking number. I emailed them asking the status of my order, and 5 minutes later I got an email with an Airborne Express 2-day tracking number, when I had paid 2-3 day UPS shipping. It arrived a few hours later. :D

The two sticks I ordered were well packaged, in anti-static bags, wrapped in bubble-wrap, in a box full of foam peanuts.

Unfortunately, TCWO has not shipped my 8RDA+ (got an email saying that its backordered :rolleyes: ). grrrr

damn i wish i was as lucky as you =P
I ordered on Tuesday. Got the confirmation right away...
Wednesday, nothing, so I e-mailed them. The sales asked me to fax a copy of the front and back of my credit card directly to their line... which I was reluctant to do. So then they said something like "International orders usually require a copy of your credit card. I can send in the order, but it may be bounced back. Thank you!".
Then I mailed them again on Thursday... No response for the whole day.
Friday morning, I got a reply from one guy saying that they're outta stock until next week, and that I should receive it by the end of next week.
Then Friday afternoon, I get a reply from another person at memoryx saying that my memory was just shipped out, and my tracking number would be e-mailed to be later!

wtf is going on!?

Last edited:
www.memoryx.net has 256MB for $76 a stick. but be careful if you're not in the US.

the winbond BH-5 chips is the same stuff found on corsair PC3500 apparently. of course they're not hand picked and tested like the corsairs are, but no one has reported anything lower than 200Mhz at max timings.

Just got the tracking number... lol at 1:32am eastern

oh well.. the process may have been messy.. but as long as it gets here and o/c's well then it's all good!!1

Dave65 said:
Is this memory better than the Corsair?
And were do you get it..Thanks

In terms of nForce2 compatibility it is better than the Corsair, and from user reports it overclocks as well as if not better (in the case of nForce2 boards) than the Corsair PC-3500, which uses the same Winbond BH5 chips as on the TwinMOS.

OK I just received the RAM. It doesn't have the WinBond BH-5 chips... It says
"TwinMOS
TMD7608F8E50B"

Wtf is this?? do these o/c well?? if not they better let me return it for the stuff they advertised!!!

not only that, but i was taxed $60CDN for 3 sticks of these!
@!#(*!@)#(*!&@#!!!

ClayMan said:
OK I just received the RAM. It doesn't have the WinBond BH-5 chips... It says
"TwinMOS
TMD7608F8E50B"

Wtf is this?? do these o/c well?? if not they better let me return it for the stuff they advertised!!!
did you look on the actual chips? it should say winbond on them

yes i did. those numbers i gave you are directly off one of the chips.

i'm so ****ed right now!! did you get yours yet? were yours actually winbond?

ClayMan said:
yes i did. those numbers i gave you are directly off one of the chips.

i'm so ****ed right now!! did you get yours yet? were yours actually winbond?
That is odd, although people DO have Twinmos ram with Twinmos 5ns chips, which is what those 'should' be and they get the same results as with the Winbond 5ns chips... Some say the chips are just stamped with Twinmos but in reality they are Winbond. I would see how they OC, call memoryx and tell them they ARE NOT winbond chips like the site says... See what they say.

damn.. my mobo's not here yet, so i can't test them. i could try them on my cousin's KT333 (MSI KT3 Ultra or something) but I doubt that board can handle 200MHz anyway.

what else have you heard about twinmos with twinmos chips? i'd be really disappointed if these can't hit 200Mhz aggressive timings... (most people can go even higher) Should i Email them and demand that they exchange them?

ClayMan said:
damn.. my mobo's not here yet, so i can't test them. i could try them on my cousin's KT333 (MSI KT3 Ultra or something) but I doubt that board can handle 200MHz anyway.

what else have you heard about twinmos with twinmos chips? i'd be really disappointed if these can't hit 200Mhz aggressive timings... (most people can go even higher) Should i Email them and demand that they exchange them?
Which sticks did you buy? The 256MB SAY they are Twinmos/Winbond modules... The 512MB sticks DO NOT say this. If you got the 256MB sticks then yes, I personally would demand them to exchange them AND pay for you to ship them back.

yup.. 256mb...

so should I give up on any hope that these TwinMOS chips overclock better/similar to winbond bh5?

argh, i can't be the first to get some with twinmos chips...

(see the only problem i'm scared of is that even if they pay for shipping and everything, when they send me the replacements i'll be charged another $60 for customs/taxes!!!)

ClayMan said:
yup.. 256mb...

so should I give up on any hope that these TwinMOS chips overclock better/similar to winbond bh5?

argh, i can't be the first to get some with twinmos chips...

(see the only problem i'm scared of is that even if they pay for shipping and everything, when they send me the replacements i'll be charged another $60 for customs/taxes!!!)
Surely on 'replacement' items, ie, not new, you should not have to pay tax again! Check it out and for sure email/call memoryx and tell them they gave you sticks that were not what you ordered!

the twimos chips are cheaper in the uk thean the twin mos with the winbond on them...

oh sorry for forgettin to post results... i got 2x256 in my Abit NF7.... it will do 207mhz 2-2-2-5 w/ 2.7v (crappy low voltage rrrrr i want 3.0v lol)

not too bad lol i need better coolin on my northbridge to see how high i can get FSB wise i have heard ppl can take my mobo up to around 220mhz without needing to vmod the chipset (which is unknown how todo at this moment) so hopefully this ram will be able to do that

Back