• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for mobo for 1.8 and sdram...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RCtruckguy

or would that not be a good combo? i'm trying to get my parents to buy me a mobo,cpu and ram would probably kill a possable deal.

looking for a great ocing board, basicly a p4pe that uses sdram. TIA!~RCTG

Firstly a P4PE is a sdram board. It is ddr sdram.

Secondly, don't even bother trying to put a P4 on a sdr sdram motherboard. It's defeating the purpose entirely. Attempting to preserve the slowest component of your current system for any reason will make the money spent on the new processor a waste. Here's what it takes to make the upgrade you seek:

Albatron 845PEV Pro m/b-----85
Retail P4 1.8a---------------142
decent 256MB DDR-----------63
------------------------------------
--------------------------->290 bucks

It's a true do it right or don't do it at all situation. Bear in mind you really need a 350 Sparkle power supply to power the beasty too. If you can't afford to do it right wait until you can, or consider *shudders* an Abit KX7-333/AthlonXP 1700+ combo(which will also require a stick of DDR and a good power supply).

i was going to get a 350 or 400w sparkle anyway (porbly the 400 so i don't have to upgrade unless it blows up)

i though DDR was more but that must be the super quailty stuff. i guess i'm getting a p4pe now. thanks for your help again larva~RCTG

Back