• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How high have you taken your Corsair XMS 3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNamelessOne

Ok this is kind of a poll, I want to know what is the highest speed you have run this ram with 2-2-2-5 timings. This is the regular version not ultra low latency. Please put the actual speed of the ram, not FSB, so if you're running your FSB at 200 with 1:1 ratio put 400.

So why did you relax your timings? Not stable enough? I have a question for you eaglescouter, which slot is your ram in, 1, 2, or 3? 1 being closest to the processor. Im beginning to get dissapointed with this ram. It won't even do 400 with 2-2-2-5 unless I pump 2.9 volts into it. I'm not sure how safe it is running it like that for long.

it should be fine my ram has been running 2.8 for almost a year now. i had constant reboots. so ocsystems told me to run it at 2.8 when i called them. it works fine know

Corsair warrants this stuff to 2.8 Volts. Any more and you void your warranty.

As for me, I've been through a few sticks of this stuff and I've never had results like the guys above (460 at max timings). I've had 2 sticks that wouldn't do spec (RMA'ing one now), the rest will do spec but barely.

Right now I have one 512 meg stick and it tops out at 208/416 with 2-2-2-5. I think I took it up to close to 220/440 with the most relaxed timings.

How about the new reversions and stuff like that? I heard the newer reversions use different ram in them. Is this true? My friend has an older stick of XMS PC3200 and it barely does 433 using 2.8 but mine kicks his stick's a$$. Different chips maybe?

The Bios relaxed my timings after I locked up the system and could not reboot.

The new timings were the result of pressing the reset button. (I has raised the FSB to 170, but did not increase voltage, left it at auto, and the system was very unhappy.)

My RAM chip is in the slot closest to the CPU.

Strange but I'm at FSB 168 now and even with the relaxed timings the system appears faster than ever.

melon_stunner said:
How about the new reversions and stuff like that? I heard the newer reversions use different ram in them. Is this true? My friend has an older stick of XMS PC3200 and it barely does 433 using 2.8 but mine kicks his stick's a$$. Different chips maybe?
I think Corsair switch the chips they used in there sticks of ram. He possibly has the older sammies and you have winbond.

I just thought of something... maybe my results aren't valid... because my mobo will only allow 2.7 Vdimm (which bites). I bet my stuff could go higher with more Vdimm (2.8).

Back