• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New P4PE.....advice please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bbt82z

Registered
I have a P4 2.4 currently running at 2.8

I've based my settings on things i've read here. I was wondering if there's anything else that can be done to get the clock speed a bit higher...closer to 3ghz. Here's the settings I currently have

the cpu is set at 160
memory frequency is at 400mhz
the agp and pci busses are locked at 66 and 33 respectively
my vcore is running at 1.675
my ddr ref. voltage is at 2.7

basically....do these settings seem correct to you other P4PE owners. If these are not correct what would you recommend changing. Thanks a bunch.

Just keep pushing the fsb, when the sys is unstable bring up the voltages, and keep and eye on temps... every mb and chip is different so you'll max out at some point... what mem do you have?

I have a 2.8 so far , all's I can get it 3.15, but it gets too hot, and locks up, so I droppeed it back down to 3.05, and I had a FSB of 600 at one point, so it CAN handle the speed. Stay cool tho.
Greg

eaglescouter said:

My memory is running at 2x233=446

i've got the turbo setting on. Right now the most stable i've gotten it to run at is 2.880ghz. So from this statement above your memory frequency is set to 446? Also what voltage are you using w/ this setting. What about your vcore as well. thanks

Here is the latest for my system: (3.024 Ghz)

CPU Volatage 1.552, set to auto. 1.552 is under load.
FSB set to 168.0
Resulting Buss speed is 672.0

Memory voltage is set to auto. Under load shows 3.312v
Timings are 2.0-3-3-5
I did not set the memory FSB separately, it is established from the CPU external frequency in the bios, currently set at 168

Voltages listed are from CPU-z utility. It does not round like Sandra does.

I'm still on stock HSF, and auto on the voltages.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Back