• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston HyperX or Geil ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrNiceGuy

Hi, new poster her :)

I recently switched out my P4 system, for the one you see in my sig (save for the RAM which I carried over).

But now I feel the need to get something that can keep up with my FSB. My current RAM can't handle going much over 140 MHz, before I need to reset BIOS, since it just locks up when I try to boot. So I'm stuck at running them async, so they're close to 133 MHz (gotta love the nForce2 :) ). So I'm looking for some nice PC3000+ sticks.

However, I live in Denmark, where brands like Corsair and TwinMOS cost about twice as much here, as in the US.. Popular brands here, are Kingston, Samsung, Geil, which are reasonable prices.

I've browsed around here a lot, but I can't figure out if I should go for the Geil, which looks pretty good (Maybe too good ?), or Kingston HyperX PC3500, which is a lot more familiar to me, and a respected brand in Europe.

What do you gurus think ? :)

Im satisfied with my kingston HyperX 3500. It works at its rated speed and beyond. Even with 2 sticks in running dual ddr.

Back