• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED MSI K7T Turbo-R - Mistake in Manual

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
W

William

This has really had me confused. The manual for the above motherboard tells you to put the bios clear jumper in the 1-2 position for clearing the bios and in 2-3 for normal operation. But it comes with the jumper in the 1-2 position on the two boards I ordered fom different retailers. The manual says specifically to not turn on with the jumper at 1-2. SO being prudent as to not fry my bios, i put it to the 2-3 position on both boards. No power up. After trying many things to ensure it was not the jumper, i put it to 1-2 for "fun". Both powered right on up. And after further testing, the clear is at 2-3 not 1-2. Anyone else notice this, this really confounded me, and I am awaiting a call back from MSI about this, as I strongly suspect a misprint.

yeA, it was confirmed by like anandtech or some site that reviewed it.

i get the RAID by diabling the USB mouse and the USB keyboard, or legacy, or soemthing...? what do i do again??

Back