• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For anyone with a kinda flaky KT7A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amadon

I have been having problems with mine (RAID ver.) for some time now. I would run for a little while then lock up. For a LONG time I thought it was because I have a severely chipped Tbird. But this turned out not to be the case. I had my case apart because I wanted to test MBM5 on it's system temp readout by touching the termistor to make it warm up and see if MBM5 noticed. Well when I looked at it I noticed it was bent over a little and possibly grounding some pins on a surface mount chip on the board. So I bent it back over and WHALA! havn't locked up since.........
It looks as if ABIT meant to solder the thermistor onto it's grounded square underneath but never did... so if you are having pretty much ANY strange problems with the mobo I would recomend that this be one thing you check.

Amadon

Back