• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got a new pump;)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Turando

its a Ocean Runner 6500 and i am so pleased with it;);)

pic
AQUAMEDIC-OCEANRUNNER-3000.JPG

Spec

Ocean Runner 6500: 6,500lph, head 3.8m, 115watts

this is a super super pump! and the build quality is amazing, i love it!

so anyone needing a powerfull pump, i would sugest this one!

Cheers, Turando

Turando said:
its a Ocean Runner 6500 and i am so pleased with it;);)

pic
AQUAMEDIC-OCEANRUNNER-3000.JPG

Spec

Ocean Runner 6500: 6,500lph, head 3.8m, 115watts

this is a super super pump! and the build quality is amazing, i love it!

so anyone needing a powerfull pump, i would sugest this one!

Cheers, Turando

I'm interested in what your temps will be before and after. It has a good head pressure roughly around 5-6 psi. I'v seen better load temps barely peaking over idle temps with more head but that was with around 50 psi with a highflow block.

well this is running on my water chiller sys. which was started up 2day with this pump. so i cant really show any before and after, as there was no before;) but it sure is a mightly pump! and cheapish!

Cheers, Turando

Umm...

A Danner Mag 3 will produce 3.2 meters head while consuming less than 35 Watts. I don't know what your water cooling system components are, but most likely that pump will dump a lot of heat into the water while providing very little improvement in flowrate over what a Mag 3 would provide.

Edit: Is that pump inline only?

this Model 3 Mag-Drive ?

wp-DM02513.jpg

that only pushes 350gph. compared to 1300gph (6500/5) that the ocean runner produces?

can be used inline and Submersible

also, this does not heat the water atall. we not that i can notice.

EDIT: the specs above are at 1-1/4 inch male barb inlet, 1 inch male barb outlet.

Cheers, Turando

I don't know what your system consists of, but if you were to use this pump with a DTEK TC-4 waterblock and a heater core equivalent to the Big Momma that BillA tested, and add say 10% to the flow resistance for tubing etc, that pump would get you a flowrate of about 8.5 lpm. (510 lph or 135 gph)

I figure about 6.8 lpm for the Danner Mag 3 in the same setup.

Looking at BillA's C/W vs flowrate curve for the DTEK TC-4, the thermal resistance is about 0.004 C/W better with a flowrate of 8.5 lpm than it is with a flowrate of 6.8 lpm. If the water cooling system is removing 100 Watts of heat from the CPU, the CPU will be 0.4C cooler with the 8.5 lpm flowrate IF YOU EXCLUDE THE HEAT THE PUMP PUTS INTO THE WATER.

The pump is definitely putting a signifcant portion of the power it consumes, into the water as heat. Most likely the increase in water temperature due to pump heat will exceed that 0.4C gained at the waterblock.

Unless you have a system with substantially less flow resistance than a TC-4 and a heatercore, you have a big, expensive, power hungry pump which may well give you worse results than a Danner Mag 3 would.

this pump is in my CHILLER, meaning no heatercore. and my water block is home made and high flow. i am currently working on my 1" channel block, so results will show how well it performs. either way, i am very happy with this pump,and the pressure is amazing, so i dont think your estimates are right, i think your missing the point that those specs are at 1 1/4 inch inlet and 1 inch outlet, yes thats right 1 1/4 inch!. so this has been shrunk down to 1/2 inch at both ends, so that alone dremastically improves the pressure, flowrate. i had this pump sitting in a 10 gallon bucket earlier, and it managed to emtry that bucket in a matter of seconds about 3 metres into the air. ;)

Turando said:
flowrate. i had this pump sitting in a 10 gallon bucket earlier, and it managed to emtry that bucket in a matter of seconds about 3 metres into the air. ;)

neet party trick Turando ;)

is that amount of flow safe? i mean like 1600GPH?

neet party trick Turando is that amount of flow safe? i mean like 1600GPH?

well.... to be honest, i dont know!, i havent left it running while im out the room if thats what u mean.... already split two peices of pipe when i was leak testing! , but put thicker wall tubing on and it seems.. ok ish;)

Cheers, Turando

u split 2 tubes allready?
woah imagine how fast your case would fill up with 1600GPH of water goin through it......

oh yeh, how much did it cost?

i havent got it inside my case yet!, its still just leak testing, with the cooler on. i think it retails at about 150 od:eek: but i got it for 65 at my local aquaria;)

Cheers, Turando

Back