• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone used an invenrter for the pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it would be a waste of electricity.
and produce extra heat.

like, do you really want to transform 220/110 to 12v, and then back to 220/110 when you can have 220/110 so near?

waste of electricity and money for this purpose.

Dan at Dansdata has an article on this.

In short, the unit you found isn't meant to run a motor, so at best, your pump would buzz (and fail prematurely), and at worse, it won't work at all.

There are better ways...

I'm sure a good inverter would work. Don't trust your computer to one. Just buy an AC pump, or pick up a real inverter. Those little ones that plug into lighters do nothing but blow fuses in cars... One of the most useless things ever invented IMHO. I mean they overload far too easy and if you read the fine print they're not reliable even under the correct conditions...

Case in point. I had a Camble Housefield inverter back a decade ago so I could play my Sega Gen. and watch TV on trips in the car. Camble Housefield's sloganat the time) was "Built to last" But on the warrenty and instruction sheet it said never run it for more than 15 min at a time without a 1/2 hour break.

And thus started an endless joke between me and dad. "Built to last... For 15 min."

Back