• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Okey I need help: What happened to my A7V?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wega!

I was playing around with the fans in my comp, I was just moving them around. Suddenly they all stopped working, they simply doesn't do anything! I have checked the fans in a another comp, and they are fine, so have I fryed my motherboard?
Please help me out here!

Does the mobo still boot? I killed an A7v about 5 months ago, and I'm still not sure why. I know the A7V gets kinda flaky if you change things around and the power is only 'soft off'. I always shut it down, then pull the plug out before even flipping a switch. It may be possible that you need to clear the CMOS, I've heard of A7V's not powering up until after the CMOS is cleared. Just pop out the battery and short the two contact points for 30 seconds. Hopefully this will work.

The MoBo does still work, actually I'm writing thin on it. I'm running [email protected] and I'm only seeing 44C! But that's with a very big standing outside the case blowing in on the Heat sinks.
I will try the CMOS thing.

Didden't help with the CMOS thing :( I think I will go back to the store where I bought it, and see what they say. I'm still very open to any inputs,also what motherboard I should get, if it comes to that point. I'm going for stability, which one is that?

Sounds like you shorted out your MBs fan header and killed it...time to invest in some molex to 3 pin adaptors

Walter:-( (Apr 17, 2001 04:17 p.m.):
Heeelp! (bump)

have noticed any unusual sign in the past?
such as sys randumly freeze, error, restart by itself?
we need more detail info
was computer on while moving the fan? unusual smell, or sound prior to power outrage?

Well, if the Motherboard works in every way except the fan headers, I'll have to agree with Mike. If the store won't RMA it for you, you can send it back to Asus to get it repaired(which is a REAL pain in the A$$ - I tried it), or just run all those fans off your power supply and the molex(4 pin) connectors. If you've got some wire and a soldering iron, you could just wire the fans right in. It would be less permant(and easier) to just buy the adapters and plug them all in. Hopefully the fan headers shorting isn't an omen of things to come.

QuietOne (Apr 17, 2001 10:21 p.m.):
Walter:-( (Apr 17, 2001 04:17 p.m.):
Heeelp! (bump)

have noticed any unusual sign in the past?
such as sys randumly freeze, error, restart by itself?
we need more detail info
was computer on while moving the fan? unusual smell, or sound prior to power outrage?

I have not noticed anything unusual at all. And there is no way I'm moving anything around in my comp while the power is on. No smells, no weird power output.
I'm bringing the mobo back to the store today, to se what they have to say.

Okey I have RMA'ed the su*ker. In the store they said that it could take more than 10 day's! How am I spouse to survive that? :(

Be prepaired for longer. Asus is SLOW. Oh yeah, they will probably deny the RMA too. Blown fan headers aren't covered.

skip (Apr 18, 2001 07:55 a.m.):
Be prepaired for longer. Asus is SLOW. Oh yeah, they will probably deny the RMA too. Blown fan headers aren't covered.

Well I hope they will be fast this time (Yeah I know I'm dreaming). The warranty should (in my opinion) cover this, cuz I didden't do anything wrong, I was just moving around with my fans. Anyway I will properly not be very active in the next week or two, because of this.
So I guess I will see ya all later, take care!

Back