• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some AMD Mobo Specs Questions Answered

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMDGuy

I'm trying to find out how far apart the holes are around the socket on socket A boards. The holes that are designed to hold a heatsink are the ones I'm referring to. I measured 2.5" wide by 1.5 inches down. Is this correct?

Also, I'd like to know the amount of force in pounds that AMD recommends a heatsink to be applied with. I think I read 20 was sufficient, but I want to know what it is for sure.

Thanks in advance.

Did you try the AMD website? I'm pretty sure they list the amount of presure required on the CPU. I don't know what the distance between the holes is but it is the same on all boards. What are you trying to do? I am curious why you need that mesurement.

I am designing a hold down plate for my upcoming water cooling solution.

I checked AMD's site and they reference a tech doc that is not available on line. I have ordered the CD of tech docs, but it hasn't come yet.

Back