• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus DDR boards... you can change your multiplier now!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aftershock

Okay, not 100% sure for the A7M266, BUT http://dw3d.com/hreview/a7a266/index6.html
these guys did a review on the A7A266 which originally did not have multiplier like the A7M, anways look at the little update as of April 17th 2001

"Remarks from ASUSTek: ASUS has phased in processor's multiplier adjustment from revision 1.03"

Not sure if this is a bios update, or an actual board design change. Maybe someone else can add to this?

where did u see that report from asus saying that the new bios will have multiplyers available. ive flashed the new bios that asus offers and still no multiplyers able to change

opps i seen where it was.... all i can hope is asus does give us a7a266 mb owners a new bios to allow us to change the multiplyers, all i iknow right now the newest bios aa26103b still doesn't allow us to change them...did a little playing with the fsb and got my 1.33 tbird @ 1509mhz

You need to read that a little more carefully,,,

"Let's just hope I'm mistaken and Asus will add this feature in the next BIOS release"

is what it says. Hope springs eternal. Looks like you'll still need your soldering iron to change that multipier... I hear the beta bios for the A7M266 still lacks the feature.

Aftershock (Apr 19, 2001 12:29 a.m.):
Okay, not 100% sure for the A7M266, BUT http://dw3d.com/hreview/a7a266/index6.html
these guys did a review on the A7A266 which originally did not have multiplier like the A7M, anways look at the little update as of April 17th 2001

"Remarks from ASUSTek: ASUS has phased in processor's multiplier adjustment from revision 1.03"

Not sure if this is a bios update, or an actual board design change. Maybe someone else can add to this?

AMD does not want to have cpu multiplier on their chipset motherboard, period. The A7A266 is from ALi-MAGiK, at first ASUS told us this DDR-SDRAM motherboard will have cpu multipler adjustment but when it finally came out, for some reason there were no cpu multiplier. I guess ASUS want to finish selling all their A7M266 first, instead of having everyone choose the A7A266 with cpu multiplier adjustment. ASUS probably think it's about time and they want to do well with the A7A266, so inclusion of cpu multiplier is necessary to compete against other companies. That what I think. Let just hope the multiplier adjustment from revision 1.03 is good news for all A7A266 owners and not just 1.03.

Hmmm. I'm confused. Is it the A7A or the A7M that doesn't allow you to change the multiplier?

kal123 (Apr 27, 2001 12:11 a.m.):
Hmmm. I'm confused. Is it the A7A or the A7M that doesn't allow you to change the multiplier?

The A7M w/AMD 761 chipset doesn't allow multiplier adjustment. The A7A will have multiplier change starting with the latest revision 1.03 but uncertain for earlier revision. Don't know the implement of the multiplier is through bios or dipswitch.

There's an article on AthlonOC about modding an A7M266 for multiplier adjustment.... all you have to do is find a DIP of correct size and replace a couple resistors.... not too har dif you have some experience soldering.

SickBoy

Back