• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocz Pc3700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Severian

I was browsing through the net, looking at the various websites of memory manufacturers (as one does in spare time) when I came across this:

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory_specs.php?id=18

Simply wondering, anyone here have any experience with OCZ memory, and if so (or even if not) any opinions on whether this memory will actually be able to reach it's rated speed of 466 MHz without me having to pump 3V or something horrific into it.

Having discounted Geil from people's comments on here, I'm left with this, Corsair XMS or Kingston HyperX, but this one looks definitely intresting....

I have just bought some ocz pc2700 rev 3.2 with winbond chip BH-6 I got it for the 8INXP which I hoped to have by now but no delivery till late march so cancelled it and will wait for the springdale, I am keeping one stick and trying to swap the other for ocz 3200 rev 2 which also has a winbond chip BH-5 and they both have excellent reviews just hope they will swap hope that helps:) and you can get it easy here in uk pcupgrade is the cheapest.

I am going to be testing 2 512 sticks of their pc3700 on an 8RDA+ within a week. They use a winbond chip die, so we shall see.

xgman said:
I am going to be testing 2 512 sticks of their pc3700 on an 8RDA+ within a week. They use a winbond chip die, so we shall see.

Ooo, please post all the information when your finished with that. That was the exact combo I was thinking of getting, so it'd be muchly appreciated :)

I your gonna be running it on a Nforce2 board all the memory bandwith offerd by the memory is gonna be wasted 466FSB on a board that can only handle 400FSB stable unless you plan on pumping serious juice via VDD mod. The real beneficary of such high speed ram is going to be the Intel platform. So I would just stick with the OCZ 3200 or 3500 ram.

Back