• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dram Frequency

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CJ

Registered
Hi, am a newbie at this. Have a Asus A7V133 mobo, in the bios setup of mobo manual on page 61 it states that the Dram Frequency can be set in synchronous or asynchronous. Mine only synchronous with the CPU frequency. Did I over look something or does the bios need updated (Version 6.0)???
Thank You (Ain't this fun)

Asynchronous means your memory clock will be running different from your processor FSB... what chip/FSB are you running right now? If your chip FSB is 100 right now I anticipate setting this to "Asynchronous" will run your memory at 133 MHz. But I am not an A7V owner so I can't say for sure.

SickBoy

SickBoy (Apr 19, 2001 06:37 p.m.):
Asynchronous means your memory clock will be running different from your processor FSB... what chip/FSB are you running right now? If your chip FSB is 100 right now I anticipate setting this to "Asynchronous" will run your memory at 133 MHz. But I am not an A7V owner so I can't say for sure.

SickBoy

Athlon 1200 AXIA, current fsb set at 137 with multiplier of 10.0.
I didn't see any place to set "Asynchronous".
Thank You for your reply.

Under the 'advanced' menu in the BIOS is a line with 'CPU Frequency' which is grey if the 'Operating Frequency Setting' is set to [Standard]. Right below that is the 'DRAM Frequency'.

If the CPU and DRAM frequencies are different you are asynchronous.

If you are in jumper mode the 'Operating Frequency' will say [by Jumper] or some such thing.

You can modify either setting by hitting ENTER when on the line in question.

Goldwing (Apr 20, 2001 09:29 a.m.):
Under the 'advanced' menu in the BIOS is a line with 'CPU Frequency' which is grey if the 'Operating Frequency Setting' is set to [Standard]. Right below that is the 'DRAM Frequency'.

If the CPU and DRAM frequencies are different you are asynchronous.

If you are in jumper mode the 'Operating Frequency' will say [by Jumper] or some such thing.

You can modify either setting by hitting ENTER when on the line in question.

So I can only set the dram different than the cpu when in the standard mode, correct?

Would you ever need or want to set them different when in user define, I don't know am new at this, but I hope to learn.

Thank You

Back