• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X and ram settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

clash

In the bios, you can set the mem frequency to Sync 125%, etc... I have Samsung DDR3200 ram, if i leave it at Sync it runs fine. If i up it, it wont post. If i have it to sync, it IS running 2x the fsb correct? So my ram througput if my FSB is 170 should be 340. Sisoft sandra says this is so. Now seeing as my mem is ddr400, shouldn't i be able to up it to 125% of fsb?

Also, what kind of timmings would you suggest on this 3200? I have not messed with that yet. I have it set to optimal right now...

Running your memory out of sync causes stability issues, or at least it does in my case. Your memory should be able to handle 3-3-6 at 200MHz. And yes, you're right about your RAM running at 2xFSB. I would suggest starting at 3-3-6 and tightening them one at a time. Optimally, you'd want as low of numbers as you can get.

~THT

Back