• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK, Strange issue with FSB...Need an answer soon.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NF2guy

OK, 8RDA+, XP2100 B 512mb stick Kingston 2100.

My system WILL not POST if the FSB is anything over or under 133mhz. I have tried everything, timings, default CPU speed, everything!!!!!

All I get is a memory error beep from my motherboards readout.

I am wondering if this has anything to do with me having ALL multipliers accessable in the BIOS. A few people that have 8RDA+ boards and the same CPU I do, say they cant go any lower unless they connect the L3 bridges.

All I want to do is know I can change the FSB when my Corsair RAM arrives. Could it be the RAM? For some reason I dont think it is. I ran this RAM at 144FSB on my old 8KHA+ mobo.

could it be something to do with other peripherals running out of speck...? Actually no, that wouldn't make sense, anyhting would work at 34 Mhz... sorry, can't help you there...

Im just curious what your BIOS options are for your memory reguarding your Epox Nforce2 chipset.
I have the chaintech Nforce2 which allows for just about any setting I would ever want. I can manualy punch in just about any FSB, and as long as my cpu multiplier is not to aggressive the CPU wont hold it from booting.
The memory has a second menu which allows it to run in sync with the fsb or anything beyond it async with locked PCI.

Yes, I have both. My advanced chipset features have TONSD of settings, and YES, again, I've tried them all.

My 2X256 Corsir PC3200 CAS2 will be arriving today. If I still cant change the FSB, then I am going to RMA the board to Newegg, for a replacement.:(

Back