• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

iwill kk266-r ver1.1 or 1.2 or 1.3 ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

$o_dope

Registered
I've been surfin through the mutha bored 4rum and I'm planin on purchasing an iwill kk266-r , and i've seen many positive remarks on the ver1.1. The ? is which version would have the least amount of problems?...(something off,,, but i've seen some ppl state (iwill kk266-r ver1.1) & (iwillkk266-r rev1.1).. is it rev or ver?

I'm still to receive my KK266-R tomorrow, so I'm not sure about the revision. But I believe the earliest version was 1.1. Rev. 1.2 and 1.3 are the later versions. Rev. 1.2 was the one that had a problem. Rev. 1.3 is a new version they make after the problematic rev. 1.2. That's just what I think. I'm not too sure about it, though.

Johnniest5 (Apr 19, 2001 10:21 p.m.):
I'm still to receive my KK266-R tomorrow, so I'm not sure about the revision. But I believe the earliest version was 1.1. Rev. 1.2 and 1.3 are the later versions. Rev. 1.2 was the one that had a problem. Rev. 1.3 is a new version they make after the problematic rev. 1.2. That's just what I think. I'm not too sure about it, though.

Some, but not all of the 1.2 boards were missing a resistor, which caused a multiplier problem. IWill addressed the problem with an RMA program. New boards should all be OK.

Yo

Good to hear because my kk266r will be here next week,Hoping to get a little more then Ive been able to get with the a7v133

i would always go with the latest revision available with the latest bios available

Yeah I think the ver1.2 now has the fix that is the one I got. I haven't seen anyone with a 1.3.

So, where is this 'resistor' that you guys are talking about? Show me so I can check it on my mobo to see if mine is the 'fixed' or 'defected' version. Thanks!

Hope this helps! from fullon3d.com
An early shipment of the Rev 1.2 boards (non-Raid only) were defective in that they would lock the CPU multiplier at 8.5 if the user tried to change it to anything other than default. The defect is a resister located at R357 and one missing from R356. See a picture below. All boards shipped from 3-7-01 are okay. If you have a defective board, you can RMA it to Iwill and they will exchange it at no cost to you.

Hey, mine is missing a resistor at R357, but there is one on R356. And mine is the RAID version. Am I okay? THanks!

Hey guys !

There are lots of confusion regarding the KK266s and the Iwill recall. I should know, I've had 4 KK266 in my hands in the past 60 days. I've got one v1.1 which is a HOT mobo as long as you download the latest Bios and 4in1 VIA updates (4.28 best I think). Benching before and after yielded about a 20%+ increase, although everyone's situation is different. Please understand, the purpose of the upgrade was not specifically for performance, but it was a by sweet product.

On the v1.2s, I would not trust any of them without a visual inspection of R357 and R356, and you'd better get a 10x mag to see'em. The field engineering change process between Iwill and the distributors has not gone well. I don't know who is the blame (I think the distributors), because I got sent 2 bad RMA'ed 1.2 boards, which were uncorrected from distributors. The only trust worthy RMA is via Iwill direct from their Express RMA form.
(www.iwillusa.com)

Johnniest5 (Apr 26, 2001 12:34 p.m.):
Hey, mine is missing a resistor at R357, but there is one on R356. And mine is the RAID version. Am I okay? THanks!

I believe so. Can you change the multiplier?

Back