• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit KT7 raid bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DiRtY wIzArD

Registered
I have found a new bios for my ABIT KT7 raid motherboard but not on the official site of Abit .
Is it save to upgrade to that Bios now or should I wait???
Does anyone have tried that bios????
it si the KT7yh..

I have the kt7a-raid(they use the same bios), mine shipped with the yh bios, it's pretty good, but as far as functionality I don't think it's much different the wz. I have heard that is more stable on fsb OCing.

Fiz

DiRtY wIzArD (Apr 20, 2001 08:43 a.m.):
I have found a new bios for my ABIT KT7 raid motherboard but not on the official site of Abit .
Is it save to upgrade to that Bios now or should I wait???
Does anyone have tried that bios????
it si the KT7yh..

How confident are you about re-flashing your bios in case of disaster? I would wait until it's final from Abit before installing, unless you have a dire need of a fix for a problem. I'm a chicken when it comes to bios upgrading, although it's not too hard.

My new KT7A came with revision YH from the factory, so I think it's safe to say it is safe to use it. Well, as safe as any Abit bios is. ;D It works fine and indeed it did allow me to push up the FSB and memory related speeds a little bit over WZ and WW. The flash utility allows you to save a copy of your existing bios in case you want to go back to it.

Hoot

Oké thnkx for the replies but I when I read your replies it seems to me that when I upgrade my Bios I can go back to an older bios at any time ,normally it should be possible but because I've never tried it before i'l rather ask .....
Is it really true I can overclokc my FSB and memory better with that bios because I have a T-bird 900 and i just can't get higher then 1050 Mhz so I just stopped at that Mhz.

Yes, a BIOS can be flashed to a higher or lower revision. Just be sure to make and keep a copy of your BIOS file prior to flashing with a new one. Flashing the BIOS completely wipes out the BIOS and writes it over.

If for instance you have a power failure while flashing the BIOS it can be close to impossible to recover without a replacement of the BIOS chip. This is why most people are scared of doing it unless they believe it will fix a problem the are having.

Back