• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Platinum Series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hookem

Is the platinum (silver color) series PC3200LLPL Corsair any different than say the PC3200LL with the black heat spreader...Ordering the Corsair that come in pairs for an Asus A7N8X DeluxenForce 2 motherboard and was wondering if it is only the color of the heatspreader. The Platinum pairs have "Platinum Series" on the heatspreaders like it might mean something...:)

Thank you for the quick reply juninjesus, Yeah I almost always use newegg, but 2nd day air for the same money @ googlegear.com...I see you are using two hard drives, if you are running a RAID-0 setup could you please tell me how you have it setup...Thanks again!!!:D

RAID-0.... hmmm Barracuda is not good at RAID-0 environment.
Actually, the performance is worse than single drive..

I bought these hard drives a year ago for RAID-0
But.. this HDD is not good for RAID...:mad:

Different HDD is ok.. but not Barracuda ATA-4..

There is a difference b/w revision though! My friend has a black stick of Corsair and he can only do 433 @ 2.8 volts and mine does 433 all the way up to 455 on default voltage. I read somewhere that the the older sticks of Corsair were Samy's and the newer sticks were Win's. Nevertheless, get the platinum b/c I think those are the newer sticks.

Back