• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking options on my Gigabyte board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Captain Hilts

I have a Gigabyte 6veml with a 1GHz Tualatin Celeron. With this cpu, the board gives me options to OC up to a 133MHz fsb, but does not allow me to change the pci divisor from 1/3 to 1/4 (even though the board supports it, I suppose the option only appears when you have a CPU with a default fsb of 133MHz).

What's the best way around this? I have tried EasyTune III but it just crashes when I set it to a 133MHz fsb (even though the bus is already at 133MHz from the bios). I also tried EasyTune4 even though this board isn't supposed to support it, but the pci and agp adjustments are not available.

But you say you already have the FSB set to 133 in the BIOS? What is the problem then? Instabilites while running 133? Your post is a bit confusing.

I'm 95% sure that the 1/4 PCI divisor automatically kicks in around the 125mhz area.

*edit* I just downloaded the manual for your board and you see how the setting is 133/33? The /33 is your PCI speed at that FSB setting.

It may be a matter of your CPU not liking the 133fsb setting. Try lower FSB settiings to start with. It also looks like there aren't any voltage controls...too bad.

:(

Yeah it is a bit confusing, sorry. I am able to boot and everything seems fine with the FSB at 133MHz. However, the pci divisor is still at 1/3 and I don't like the idea of running the pci devices at 44MHz over the long term, especially when the board supports the 1/4 divisor.

I know that the 1/3 divisor is still in use because the bios option that I selected is 133/44, and the 133/33 one is not available with this CPU (the fsb options which become available according to what cpu you have). The manual shows the options that you would have available if you had a 133MHz fsb cpu installed.

Just to verify, I looked at the system info in Sandra and it told me that the pci bus was 44MHz, and the agp bus was 88MHz.

If your CPU is loading fine at 133, you need to do one of
2 things to fix this.

1. Bios update maybe ? Are you running the latest version ?

2. Do the BSEL0 BSEL1 mod. By covering one of these
pins, the motherboard will think it has a 133mhz P3 installed and
should then enable the 1/4 divisor.

Search for BSEL and you should find the info here somewhere
on exactly how to do it.

I believe I have the latest bios, but I will check. I tried that BSEL mod on a Coppermine Celeron to get it to default at 100MHz, but it didn't work. I used a piece of ATA33 cable to insulate AJ33, not sure what I couldn't done wrong. I will have to try it out for the Tualatin, I was hoping there was another way though, maybe a better soft FSB program.

Back