• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Iwill KK266 Voltage Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hexi

I want to try the mod that posted on my Iwill board this weekend, but I have a couple of questions. The POT's that I got from Radio Shack has 3 legs on them. The article talks about connecting the POT to ground and leg 7 but it does not mention if you need to connect the other one. Does it matter what legs are connected to what, also do you only use 2 legs?

Thanxs!
Rich

On a pot you usually use one of the outside legs and the center leg. Depending on which outside leg you are using is the direction into which you have to turn to increase/decrease the resistance. Best use a cheap multimeter to measure it.

Yo

Thank you! I will have to find a multimeter or get a cheap one a Radio Shack.

Rich

Yomama: I have a quick question for you. I did the mod today, but it doesn't seem to be working. I was wondering from what I read the POTS have 3 legs the middle one is ground, I connected pin 7 to the left leg of the POT and ground to the middle (ground). Now in the article he is using 2 POTs. How would you hookup to in series? I did this: pin 7-left 1k resistor-left leg on 4.7k POT- wire to left leg on 1k Pot- middle leg on 1k POT-wire to middle leg on 4.7k POT-wire to ground on mb. Does this sound right to you?

Rich

Hexi (Apr 21, 2001 02:53 p.m.):
Yomama: I have a quick question for you. I did the mod today, but it doesn't seem to be working. I was wondering from what I read the POTS have 3 legs the middle one is ground, I connected pin 7 to the left leg of the POT and ground to the middle (ground). Now in the article he is using 2 POTs. How would you hookup to in series? I did this: pin 7-left 1k resistor-left leg on 4.7k POT- wire to left leg on 1k Pot- middle leg on 1k POT-wire to middle leg on 4.7k POT-wire to ground on mb. Does this sound right to you?

Rich

I did not read the article, but I do not think that the pot is supposed to be grounded. By putting them in series you achieve a 9.4K instead of a 4.7 k pot. In order to wire them in series you would have to connect the center lead of one pot to the active lead of the other. Then you connect the remaining center and active leads to the outside world (i.e. wherever they are supposed to be connected. Again use the multimeter, to determine the actual resistance of the pair before soldering them to the mobo.

Yo

Back