• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW 1.33 AXIA and KT7A-RAID...won't run default at ALL!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

therapture

Check this oddball crap out. I cannot, under ANY circumstances, run it at the default of 10x133. NO voltage adjustments up or down help. RAM, it laughs. I was pulling my hair out wondering why my Win2k setup kept crashing with an error code 4. I tried everything! Finally I put it at 100x10 and it worked. It DOES post at default, but for some odd reason it seems the IDE channels wig out. At one point FDISK could not even see the damn drives to format them, but you could see the partitions by "view current partition" in FDISK. Booting from the cdrom, it would crash at a point when it was loading the install files, sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes after 20 or 30 seconds.

Now here it gets weirder.

I can't run anything HIGHER thatn 133 either, at least not stable. I had it at 130x10.5 for a bit but it is a crash monster regardless of higher or lower voltage settings. So now I finally got my "best stable" speed of 110x12 for a measly 1320mhz...not even at default speeds yet, much less bus speeds. At 110x12.5 it will BSOD by running Sandra or 3Dmark2001.

What the heck is going on here? It appears to be a bad chip! I can max the multiplier at 12.5 and as long as the cpu bus does not go over 110 it will run. It is not ram, this Kingmax ran fine at 146 CAS2 in my previous KT7 board. Even at CAS3 and lowest ram timings in BIOS this chip will crash/freeze loading windows!!! What the heck do I got, a remarked 200fsb 1.3?

First off I dont think a 1.33 can be bought with a 200 fsb,These chips are all 266 fsb.

Dumb question but the chip has a code that for sure says A1330 ?????? and ends in the letter c.???

Another dum question I have the KT7A,In the bios it has fsb listed like this 100/pci speed 133/pci speed
Are you using the standard 133 fsb setting or are you scrolling way down the menue to select it .

Do you have another processor you can try out,,It may also be a bad mother board or power supply..I would try to rule out everything before I considered it a BAD processor.

In my opinion, there are some KT7As circulating with sub-standard Northbridge chips. They mainfest by not being able to OC the FSB past 133 reliably, regardless of the multiplier setting. If the vendor who you bought yours from has a warranty, like NewEgg, get it back to them for a replacement board. They will waive the restock fee since you are buying another board of the same make and model. With nothing else changed, my new board runs 150 FSB effortlessly. I have posted this several times in the last week or so.

Hoot

diehrd (Apr 21, 2001 06:19 a.m.):
First off I dont think a 1.33 can be bought with a 200 fsb,These chips are all 266 fsb.

Dumb question but the chip has a code that for sure says A1330 ?????? and ends in the letter c.???

Another dum question I have the KT7A,In the bios it has fsb listed like this 100/pci speed 133/pci speed
Are you using the standard 133 fsb setting or are you scrolling way down the menue to select it .

Do you have another processor you can try out,,It may also be a bad mother board or power supply..I would try to rule out everything before I considered it a BAD processor.

Yes it is a 1330c.....and I know about the 200/266, thats the problem, it will NOT run at default of133fsb. And yes, not using the crazy speed setting, just the one thats says 133/33.

The power supply is fine, chcek my sig, thats what I was running till yesterday when this crappy chip came in, or mobo, something is bad.

Back