• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

voltage and temp on Abit KT7A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TB1333

Registered
Hi

I just purchased an Abit KT7A with an AMD TB 1333. My question is: Which voltage is the true voltage? My BIOS says that my core voltage is 1.75V and the program on the Abit CD (VIA Hardware Monitor) says that my VCore value is 1.82 V ??? Which one is right?

Second: The temerature seems to be pretty high (53 under load) for a Alpha PAL 6035 with fan installed right??? Yeah I used thermal grease but thís seems to be a bit weird to me. Is the temperature readout right`?

Thanx
Marc

I can't comment on the ASUS temp readout, but I know, from 3 Abit boards, that the voltage is closer to what is read, as opposed to what you are calling for in the bios. I verified mine with a good multimeter. An example: With my current board, I can call for 1.75, the readout says 1.81 and my multimeter reads 1.79 at the chip socket. So, in the absence of a multimeter, go with the reading. On temps, there are a lot more factors effecting the accuracy of the reading, not to mention unique issues with each mobo brand. The only way to know for sure is to calibrate your readout with an HSF that has been adapted to a thermocouple on top of the core, much like the performance testers use.

Hoot

I get the same thing on my KT7A raid board. The actual voltage is higher than whats called for in the bios. I did the same measurement as Hoot did with the same results, trust the VIA hardware monitor reading.

Regarding my previous post, I had Asus on my mind. In the KT7A, you can vastly improve the reliability of the in-socket thermistor by simply repositioning the thermistor. Here is a simple graphic of the process, but I also have a small article on the fornt page with a photo. http://www.overclockers.com/tips443/

Hoot

Ya Hoot, I did that to mine and my temp readings went up about 3 degrees. Just goes to show you how much more accurrate a reading you can get when that things in the middle of the chip.

Back