• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Direct Rambus Clock Generator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OverclockNStein

is a DRCG (TI 533 DGCG) a chip that replaces the factory chip on TH7-II motherboards so that you can use PC-1066 RAMBUS? I never looked into this. Do I need it? more stable overclocking maybe?

Using Samsung (2) 256 PC800 45ns right now

Shopping for a CPU now (1.8a died) looking at getting a 2.4b c1

the ti drcg is cdcfr83 (533 clock gen) you can get them from digkey. or better yet get the isc (600 mhz clockgen) i believe the serial no. is a 9212-13. i have the ti clockgen on my board with sammy 35ns pc1066. it will run pc1200-1240 at 2.7 volts. if you are going to change out the drcgs, i'd use the 600 mhz isc chips. match that up with some ocz 30 ns pc1200. what a monster that board would be!

Flapperhead, i'm thinking of getting that OCZ PC1200. Still waiting for Samsung to come out with their PC1200 though. Since Abit has announced the SI7, the Samsung should be out real soon.

oh yeah, now your talking my language.i gotta real good feeling about that board. just imagine, cranking the fsb@220 with the mem running @1320. it would be a granite bay killer. god here comes that feeling feeling again!

i got a set of the ti 533 clock gen,but i don,t think i could install
them.

edit: ? for fapperhead . did you install them, or some one else?

unless you are a professional dont try to install them. get a pcb rework company to do it. they have all the right equipment to do the job correctly.thats what i did with my board. it took them 3 min. and costed about 20 bucks

i found a company in my area called manufacturing solutions inc.(sorry lost the url) they are located in fredrick maryland. try to find one in your area. that way u dont have to ship it. but if u cant try msi they have a 800 number, call them up and see what they can do for u. they are a small company and would probably willing to do single boards shipped to them ....

tunney, i think you will be pleasantly suprised and satisfied with the results. the mod you are doing will increase your boards' potential on par with the fastest boards.. good luck keep me posted.. flapperhead

So Tunney have you found a local place to do the soldering for you yet? :D I'm curious to know what your results are...

Back