• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC3200 or PC2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

Ok, I am going to be buying a new mobo in a few weeks and I am wondering if ddr400 is really any better then ddr333? Does it (ddr400) offer better performance or is the differance just penis envy?

Well, it depends on what your board supports.. most boards support DDR333, but only a few support true DDR400 without overclocking.. if your board doesn't support DDR400 and you don't plan to overclock, then get DDR333 (PC2700).

Regardless though.. I would buy DDR400, as that you'll be able to use that when Dual DDR becomes more widespread.. Dual channel DDR400 is going to become very common in the future.. plus the cost isn't that much more really.. I think it's worth it, personally.

Well I was planning on getting the msi K7N2G-ILSR and that uses the nforce2 chipset and nForce2 uses DualDDR so DDR400 (pc3200) is the best way to go it seems. So could I go with one stick of 512 ddr400 another stick of 256(ddr400 of course and use the Dual ddr feture)? Sound good?

Back